2610 Autocom

beacon

Reaction score
Maybe this is a simple question but can you run the 2610 thruogh the Autocom? it seems that in the earler threads people wernt to sure

Yes you can !! Soon there will be available from garmin a power lead that also has a 2 1/2 mil jack point. This can then be interfaced with Autocom Supression lead 172 or173 depending on pref:D

If I want Sat nav that just talks to me that I can use all over Europe, do I need the 2610?

The 2610 talks perfectly well to the Autocom. You'll need the Autocom 172 or 173 lead (according to which system you have) and the Garmin power/audio cable (part no 010-10495-02).

Greg

thesanguine said:
If I want Sat nav that just talks to me that I can use all over Europe, do I need the 2610?

The SPIII will do that, but the 2610 will do that better.

The SPIII has a 128Mb limit on detailed map storage, although the Euro basemap (which is autoroutable) is quite good for covering the bigger distances.

The 2610 has a much faster processor for route calculations and map drawing and, because it takes a Compact Flash card, you can load pretty much the whole of Europe's City Navigator mapping on a 1Gb card. But a 2610 will probabbly cost you about twice what an SPIII will at present.

Greg

The 2610 works well with the Autocom. I have put a splitter on my phone input and used the Garmin power audio lead as mentioned in previous post.

So I have Music, Phone 2, way radio and GPS. No problem

In my opinion the 2610 at this moment is the best GPS for A bike so much fastest at calculating than streetpilot or a GPS V plus extra storage cards are so much cheaper. The touch screen is also a bonus and I have no problem using it with gloves on. The Touratech bracket also looks the business .

Thanks as always for the prompt info, I,m off to Maplins to see if they,ll do it for last weeks price! But Skipper what do you mean by a phone slitter? as bing able to use the phone as well is vital i dont have a 2 way radio as yet!

The lead the SP3 uses can also be used on the 2610. The only problem is that it seems very sensitive to how far it's pushed into the Garmin power / noise lead adapter. In the noise part before anyone asks.

Maplins in Leeds with no problems at all agreed to let me have it for £899 which is £100 cheaper than they are advertising it for, so it pays to ask to speck to the Manager.

beacon said:
Maplins in Leeds with no problems at all agreed to let me have it for £899 which is £100 cheaper than they are advertising it for, so it pays to ask to speck to the Manager.
Have you bought it yet??. if you buy online from maplins and subscribe to newsletter you get £50 voucher for goods over £500. So the 2610 is £845, if you go to sportextreme their selling for £769.ish

My two penneth,

I agree with wots been said, as I've got said power lead & splitter lead & all works ok(ish).

I say ish, because the power lead isn't suppressed & I get a few pops & crackles when the GPS is connected into the autocom. Not a problem for me as the music drowns it out, but friends have said it sounds awful from t'other end if they phone my mobile.

I see that Papa Lazarou mentions a suppression lead - must check it out.

Incidentally, the splitter lead costs twenty seven bloody sobs. If you want to see Mr Autocom's defence of this daylight robbery, see:

http://www.inodesign.it/eforum/show...34&PHPSESSID=ac2e3374371f82ff80a2b85fbe9340f5

Back
Top Bottom