ABS light sequence question

wheeliecrazy

Reaction score
Buying an 1150GS with ABS and just need to confirm when the ABS lights are meant to flash and how (both together or alternate), and when they are meant to go out. Just want to make sure there nothing wrong wirth the one I am looking at. Am I right to same they flash together after you have started the bike and only stop flashing when you are moving?

They both come on at ignition on. Top (ABS) light flashes at 4Hz (4 times per sec) bottom (general warning light) remains steady. Once self-diagnosis is complete the bottom light goes out and the ABS light flashes at 1Hz rate. The diagnosis is now complete. When you move away the ABS light goes out. It doesn't go out until the bike moves.

Hope this is clear enough?

Sorry! Should have clarified. The above is for servo, semi-linked ABS.

wheeliecrazy said:
Am I right to same they flash together after you have started the bike and only stop flashing when you are moving?

Yup, that's correct for the pre-Evo brakes. They all do that, sir......!

:D

Sorry I didn't clarify, its a 2001 model so non servo. So essentially you start the bike and both lights flash constantly (togther at the same time rather than alternatively) untill you move away. Once the bike is moving they should go out?

Back
Top Bottom