Advice needed on clothing

tony1

I am looking to buy a waterproof suit that I can also wear all year round.Any suggestions?

Don't bother with Hein Gericke. I had a pair of their top of the range Master pants in 1998. Within 3 months, they started to leak. On taking them back to the shop, they insisted I find the receipt otherwise they would not exchange them. Luckily, I was able to find it. The second pair lasted a bit longer, but only 15 months ( and not 15 months of continuous use). They too started to leak. I wrote to Hein Gericke, explained the situation, and asked if they would give the matter some consideration. They wrote back and told me their guarantee was only 12 months and that my trousers were outside that, and basically tough.

I wouldn't touch their crap with a bargepole now.

Bob

Any manufacturer do a BMW 'Rallye' style suit that zips together?

RUKKA- RUKKA-RUKKA.
Only clothing with a 5 yr gaurantee-Goretex
Superb quality and fit - strongly recommended.
Also YOKO -again Finnish and Goretex - stocked by Yamaha dealers.

Aerostich Roadcrafter or Darien - expensive (made with pride in the US! as opposed to Romanian sweat shops) but I use my one piece all year round and it's the bollox. Its currently three years old and with minimal care its is still immaculate.

When it comes to crashing it also holds up well, see picture this is a freind after a 60 plus mph get off at the nurburgring, (incidentally yes its a GS) he was unmarked and suit is now patched and back in service.

try again with the picture!

Attachments

• 23-03-0004.jpg
    23-03-0004.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 344
AdventureCleverly said:
try again with the picture!

Hey, I was just about to ask why the picture was on it's side, then I saw your signature. :)

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."

leathers 2 piece zip together with a back protector, with a one piece waterproof during the winter. Everyone has a big off eventually - so it's worth the hassle - don't regret being as protected as you can when the crash eventually happens, sad but true.

Hey, I know it's an old thread, but this might be useful...

I was planning on an Aerostich suit, but the post-"duty" price scared me off. Instead I blew £250 on an all-in-one Triumph suit. I've ridden 160 mile round trips to London each day this winter and washed the suit about 5 times. Comes up a treat, keeps the water out and, with the liner in it, is too warm (really) unless you're sat on the motorway at 70+ for an hour or two.

Got a BMW two-piece second hand from the www, and reckon the Triumph's the better bit of kit. Armoured too, loadsa pockets.

MMC

JohnnyBoxer said:
RUKKA- RUKKA-RUKKA.
Only clothing with a 5 yr gaurantee-Goretex
Superb quality and fit - strongly recommended.
Also YOKO -again Finnish and Goretex - stocked by Yamaha dealers.

Akshully,

All gericke Gore-tex kit has a five year warranty on the waterproof membrane, any a 2 year warranty on the build quailty, just proved it too, a pair of master III glove that I bought Dec2001 hav started to come apart at the seam near mi thumb, took em back swapped for a shiney new pair no problems:D can't say fairer than that

Back
Top Bottom