Air ambulance - Devizes to Westminster kayak race

Wondered what happened, i thought you'd given up at the last hurdle

Well done,

Was the winning time correct?

That was some pace they set!!

And one little question, out of interest, do you take it in turns to paddle at the front of the kayak ?
No reason why you shouldn't, but people tend not to.

During training you spend quite a bit of time trying to reduce the discomfort. The footrest position matters, and personally I glue bits of high density foam to the seat to try to contour it to one's unique bum! A bit like cycling I suppose, different people prefer different saddles.

So it makes sense to stick with the same positions. The person in the front does the steering too, and that's a skill you build over time.

All wrapped up now.

Looking at the results, although our aim was only ever to complete the event, to was mildly disappointing to see that we were the last boat to finish.

However, we also saw that 25 boats pulled out during the race and failed to finish, including quite a few military crews, so we've re-positioned 'last' to '45th out of 68' :D Lies, damn lies and statistics!

I saw that, re your placing,

but like you, saw some of the retiree's pedigree, and thought you can definitely hold your head up high, given there backgrounds

had you not had your last minute adventure, you would have placed 1 boat higher, i watched it in real time

My first thought was you had pulled up at the last hurdle so to speak. - a huge yay from me when you stated moving again (y)

Back
Top Bottom