Altberg Boots

robeekay67

Who has them? Who likes them? Would you buy again? Whats their protection like? Any other useful comments please..

One of the best bits of kit I've got! Wouldn't be without them.

Pair of Clubmans - got them made to measure - cost about £120 5 years ago. Had them refurbished last year cost £40. New soles, new and extended gear change patch, new linings and velcro.

Malcolm

For the last 4 days mine have been sitting in the local parcelfarce depot awaiting collection.

I ordered them Sept 26th 2003 :(

Regards

Tim

I have a pair of the clubman roadsters and think they are great. Very water resistant very comfortable on and off the bike from new. Thankfully I have not tested the protection offered but they are a very sturdy boot. I would be very happy to buy another pair but judging by the quality of these ones that may be a long time in the future

Highly recommended.

Not sure which model I have (hogs or something similar). I use them as a winter boot , they are waterproof and warm.

If you order now you will have them in time for next winter :(

Mrs. CC got her Pair of Altberg Boots Today as it happens :)

They were ordered at the end of August last year.........:(

First pair arrived end of Dec. wrong size....... had to wait a further 6 weeks for replacement pair.......:( :(

Lets hope they speed things up a wee bit...I am thinking of getting some meself..............this Year hopefully....:( :( :(

CC

:cool:

E.T.A.

Ordered boots two week ago, nice lady said 2nd week in April ?

HTH.

:) :)

Hogg Micro Lights, best pair of boots I have ever had.
:D :D :D :D

robeekay67 said:
Who has them? Who likes them? Would you buy again? Whats their protection like? Any other useful comments please..
Best piece of kit ever bought, had mine for 5 years, I go hill walking, 14,000 a year biking, I just can't wear them out. They still look good. Highly recommended.
John:D :D

robeekay67 said:
Best piece of kit ever bought, had mine for 5 years, I go hill walking, 14,000 a year biking, I just can't wear them out. They still look good. Highly recommended. Went to the factory to buy them.
John:D :D

still going strong

Had clubman roadsters simce 1996. Very comfy, no leaks and hardly any wear having done about 40k in that time. Best boots I have ever had. If they have a downside it is that they are a bit bulky, particularly on a sports bike. On a GS they are just perfect.

Some others prefer Daytona boots and I have friends who swear by them, personally I prefer the more substantial feel of the Alt-Bergs.

Try both and decide which feel right for you.

Altberg

I have a pair ,
Bought them at the motorcycle show in Beaulieu 2 yrs ago - best buy I have ever made . They are the only bike boots I have owned that I can walk round in all day - plus you can get them made to measure and repaired .
So far they have never let a drop of water in and the quality of workmanship is first class .

Steady Eddie

Great Boots

I've had a pair of Altbergs for a couple of years now. They are certainly the best boots I've had. There have been no leaks, at least through the boot, I can't complain if let water in over the top. They're very well made. The leather can be very stiff when new. I had a bit of difficulty getting my feet in them at first, but when on they were very comfortable. They are actually more comfortable than my hiking boots for hill walking, but it just doesn't seem right to wear them with all the other walking gear. :)
The only down side is the looong delay between ordering them and getting them.

-- Guido

thankyou

great replies.......when i rang the shop a few weeks ago the nice lady who answered chose not to mention the possibility of the delays!!!

best bit was when i asked her about why they aren't found in shops elsewhere, she openly admitted they didnt want the extra work......lordy lordy........wonder whether they'd sell the company!

so, seems safer to do the trek to richmond in march then, get fitted, and wait for their delivery just in time for winter.

cheers for your replies!

Off the shelf

Rod Taylor here in Belfast was a stockist and might have what you need in the shop. Might be worth a try, I'm sure he would do mail order if he had anything.

Rod Taylor Motor Cycles, 96 Donegall Pass, Belfast, County
Antrim BT7 1BX Tel: 028 9023 0162

coolcarbon said:
Lets hope they speed things up a wee bit...I am thinking of getting some meself..............this Year hopefully....:( :( :(

CC

:cool:
CC if you happen to be at the Scottish Motorcycle show they had a stand last year (and probably this year), with a substantial discount if I remember. Go early though as the only reason I didn't buy a pair was the queue.

HAve Fun

AndyT:cool:

Got my size 101/2 clubman roadsters because someone had ordered them and then cancelled so its worth the trip, when you get there the place will be full of soldiers from Catterick Garrison having boots made 'cos the issue ones don't fit, they bull up the issue boots for inspections but get some real ones from Altberg.

Sorry to disagree!
I've had a pair of Clubmans for 3 years or so and they are still bloody uncomfortable. It's all down to the inner gusset (?) being too bulky and pressing on my ankles when zipped up. And I haven't even got fat ankles!

That said, they are well made, good value and will last a lifetime - which in my case is not really a bonus.

Without a doubt the best pair of bike boots I've had in 25 yrs of biking. I've got Hogg Lites which although they dont give the same level of protection as taller boots are soooo comfortable, completely waterproof and look smart enough to wear for casual. I also have to say that the service was excellent as I received mine 3 weeks from making the order early last year. I beleive there are 1 or 2 retail outlets, one of which is Altbergs own, that keep some stocks if you dont want/need to wait.

Pedro

Back
Top Bottom