and I have also DONE it

christianburgess

Went to see the good people at bvm moto and they offered me a good deal to trade my 98 1100GS against an ADV..........mulled it over for 10 days......my existing bike does everything I want it to and that I need it to...... but it was no good .........the total lack of logic that makes some of us buy a new bike when we already own a perfectly good one already got hold of me and it is ordered:
Black (Slower than silver but better looking)
Black Seat
Black Engine
ABS
Grips
Bars
Tourances
Clear indicators
Alarm/Immobiliser
I will fit existing luggage and an Aeroflow screen
I HOPE that is it for a while though doubtless someone here will point out that I need extra lights and a silver motorbike for riding over 50 mph on motorways etc etc

My theory at present in my search for justification is that I will keep it a long time and look after it........you know .....all that crap
anyhow really looking forward to climbing on it in a week or so.....I am having a hard time finding anyone who does not like their ADV......so thankyou gentlemen.....I've just spent a fortune.......mainly thanks to all of you

Tell me what I have forgotten to order......
Christian

christianburgess said:

Christian

Y piece, K&N, bacon sandwich, (the big big smile you get will be free of charge, enjoy)

christianburgess said:
...doubtless someone here will point out that I need extra lights..

Christian

And there you have it... LIGHTS!

RANT ON> Any motor manufacturer that can turn out any vehicle with lights as bad as an 1150GS ought to be :shoot: ..Slowly!
Stupid, irresponsible penny pinching TWATS! <RANT OFF

Gauloises you have asked a question which I don't know the answer to.....I wasn't asked to choose.....so i guess I'm having the standard box .....can you spell out the differences and explain if one type of box is a special factory order (My bike was not built to order from the factory)
Cheers

"can you spell out the differences and explain if one type of box is a special factory order"

According to the very helpful chap at Rydales, the Adventure now comes with an "Enduro" first gear as standard, but if you wish you can have a higher geared first gear as an option- but I am not sure of the cost. The bike sounds good by the way!

christianburgess said:

Bollocks!, everyone knows that Black is 'Fastest' and Best..........;)

Just some choose to ignor this fact.........:D

CC

:cool:

Re: Re: and I have also DONE it

coolcarbon said:
Bollocks!, everyone knows that Black is 'Fastest' and Best..........;)

Just some choose to ignor this fact.........:D

CC

Fact? FACT? Bollox! so how come lots of jets like the Lightening were SILVER not black like a slug.

I'll be up your way again soon CC, if I notice any slime trails on the road I'll know I shall soon catch up with you.:D

Tim

E. J. Cambell Evans said:
"can you spell out the differences and explain if one type of box is a special factory order"

According to the very helpful chap at Rydales, the Adventure now comes with an "Enduro" first gear as standard, but if you wish you can have a higher geared first gear as an option- but I am not sure of the cost. The bike sounds good by the way!

:clap
I think that the higher 1st gear on my 1150 sucks.
I reckon it's a ploy to wear out the clutches faster :p

Re: Re: Re: and I have also DONE it

timolgra said:
Fact? FACT? Bollox! so how come lots of jets like the Lightening were SILVER not black like a slug.

I'll be up your way again soon CC, if I notice any slime trails on the road I'll know I shall soon catch up with you.:D Tim

I refer the Honarable Gentleman to my other earlier Thread..........:D

Just remind me if you would, the colour of the Blackbird Spy Plane, it was............??

Ummm thought so...........a darker shade of Black..:D

CC

BTW........you are more than welcome to come over to the Riverside when you get up this neck of the woods..........

timolgra,your arch enemy and nemesis cool carbon may have beaten you to my underpriced corbin, but you will find that that comfy seat will make him ride like an old man with pipe and slippers......

Re: Re: Re: Re: and I have also DONE it

coolcarbon said:

Just remind me if you would, the colour of the Blackbird Spy Plane, it was............??

Ummm thought so...........a darker shade of Black..:D

Yabbut that was 'cos they didn't want anyone to see it......spyplane ya see!!!

And it was ugly so they tried to hide it.

So there.

:p

Yep............But........

It was still the fastest Fekkin beast in the Sky..............

I'm happy that us Black'un's can't be seen.........especially by Gatso's and the like.............;)

We're just to fast for the shutters to work............:D

Maybe if the BHT had been on a black'un, he wouldn't be in the position he finds himself in now, trying to avoid getting done for attempting to pervert the course of in-justice.........:D ....sorry, I meant Speeding...............

BTW

Didn't we do this already...........the Colour thing I mean........Black won didn't it.........Cause no one else could see us coming...;)

CC

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: and I have also DONE it

Fanum said:
Yabbut that was 'cos they didn't want anyone to see it......spyplane ya see!!!

And it was ugly so they tried to hide it.

So there.

:D :D :D :D :DAnd your GPS said what Bill???? :D :D :D :D

christianburgess said:
Went to see the good people at bvm moto and they offered me a good deal to trade my 98 1100GS against an ADV..........mulled it over for 10 days......my existing bike does everything I want it to and that I need it to...... but it was no good .........the total lack of logic that makes some of us buy a new bike when we already own a perfectly good one already got hold of me and it is ordered:
I will fit existing luggage and an Aeroflow screen

Christian

Don't think you'll need to waste money on a new screen, the ADV's is brilliant, I'm 6'3" and have know probs at all with it.....

Christian ,you were desperate for a used Aeroflow screen for an 1100.
I was only joking when I suggested you bought an 1150 to fit my one on.:D
guess that means someone will now offer you an 1100 aeroflow:D

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: and I have also DONE it

ming said:
:D :D :D :D :DAnd your GPS said what Bill???? :D :D :D :D

It said 'ignore that chap on the black one, he's got a remus an stuff!'

Anyway, betty she lies like a cheap rug.

:mad:

Stuff like ??

A topbox,rollbag on top of said topbox .

oh and a wife on the back too.

:dabone :dabone :D :D :D :D :D :D

ming said:
Stuff like ??

A topbox,rollbag on top of said topbox .

oh and a wife on the back too.

:dabone :dabone :D :D :D :D :D :D

yeah..that sort of stuff:D

I'll get me coat.

:rolleyes:

(but you cheated....you've got one of THESE!!!!!)

cj_MingSV.jpg

:eek:

Back
Top Bottom