any bright ideas

wackoffwiththebear

as to where i can get a twin spot headlamp for my r1100gs
other than touratech. mines a german import so i guess if
iam going to get it mot'd again i need to replace the headlamp
so i thought something that actually lights up the road would
be nice.

You are right to steer clear of the twin TT ones. The 'normal' one is only available dipping right, and the projector type I have fitted is poo. Looks OK, but delivers LESS light than the standard light. Which is probably why everyone fits Hellas etc.

Rotation..

Is there no way you cant modify the light mounts , ie Rotate them 180.. to get the bias to the otherside?

The lights must be mounted to a frame which is off set, cant you remove the lights, see where the bias is provided from and revers engineer it??

wackoffwiththebear said:
as to where i can get a twin spot headlamp for my r1100gs
other than touratech. mines a german import so i guess if
iam going to get it mot'd again i need to replace the headlamp
so i thought something that actually lights up the road would
be nice.

Following on from Rocks comments the UK spec bike main beam can be rotated for use on the Continent, Service and Technical Booklet page 37 "Headlight beam setting for riding on left/right".

I would check to see if you can do the opposite, save your cash for something more useful.

Attachments

• headlight.jpg
    headlight.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 372
I had a set of these, practically given to me, and yes they dip the wrong way (for the UK anyway), after a lot of hunting around, I bought a set of zxr400 headlights off ebay.
Then with a dremil, skimmed the backs to get rid of all the fixing points , took off the metal rims, and they slotted in between the front and rear plates, perfectly (with a tight squeeze)

Back
Top Bottom