Any one want to sell me a Y piece?

Are you after a exhaust 'Y'piece for a R1150GS? If so I have one for sale for £80 +P&P. It's a Zach Auspufftechnik type see on internet. Also got a pair of Ohlins.

:confused:
Sorry - is this now the 'For Sale & Wanted' forum, or just a way of circumventing the Forum Sponsorship???

littleredrooster said:
:confused:
Sorry - is this now the 'For Sale & Wanted' forum, or just a way of circumventing the Forum Sponsorship???

Yes, it was a way of circumventing the system, whilst my cheque cleared.

I assume, as you always have the choice not to read, and it was mentioned in the title, that:-

1) You are probably a teacher ... and a bit bored cos terms finished
2) Or you don't have a very important job, and feel that you have to tell everyone else how to run their lives?

LLR ... ever thought of going out more? :rolleyes:

The Phantom Pieman said:

1) You are probably a teacher ... and a bit bored cos terms finished
2:

Clearly a comment made by somebody who has no idea of the hours involved in teaching. I am a teacher, I enjoy my job and would not change BUT I get very Pi$$ed off by those who think they know it all because they were once at school. During term time I am in school from 6.45am to 6.30 or 7pm (and I work through lunch, either taking clubs or marking) - so that is a 12 hour day for 38 weeks of the year (equivalent to 57 normal working weeks) and then in the summer I spend about three full weeks in school sorting out departmental handbooks, conducting risk assessments, planning etc.. So I make that a 60 week year. On top of that they have just change the rukes so I can not retire on full pension until I am 65 (it was 60).
Conclusion - think before you make the standard comment about teachers' working year.

On a different nore - I have a spare Y-piece for a 1150GS, but it seems not to fit. Any takers??
Carl

carlhowe said:
Clearly a comment made by somebody who has no idea of the hours involved in teaching. I am a teacher, I enjoy my job and would not change BUT I get very Pi$$ed off by those who think they know it all because they were once at school. During term time I am in school from 6.45am to 6.30 or 7pm (and I work through lunch, either taking clubs or marking) - so that is a 12 hour day for 38 weeks of the year (equivalent to 57 normal working weeks) and then in the summer I spend about three full weeks in school sorting out departmental handbooks, conducting risk assessments, planning etc.. So I make that a 60 week year. On top of that they have just change the rukes so I can not retire on full pension until I am 65 (it was 60).
Conclusion - think before you make the standard comment about teachers' working year.

On a different nore - I have a spare Y-piece for a 1150GS, but it seems not to fit. Any takers??
Carl

Carl ... this sort of proves my "holier than thou" approach of most teachers. What the f*** do you guys think the restof us do?

Assumption 1 you got wrong ( no surprise there ... teacher arrogance). My sister is a head teacher of a school, my mother was a teacher, my sister in law is a teacher.

Out here in civy street , whether you like it or not, a teacher can be spotted at 100 paces. Mainly because they think they are better educated or better informed that the rest of the world.

Yes , some teachers do work hard. My sister does some extreme hours. Some down to the job , some down to her management. But the teaching education does not have the monopoly on long hours etc. Sorry, buster , but I have had 10 years working much longer hours than you do. And 25 days holiday a year.

There are plenty of people who do longer hours for much worse pay ... nurses, parmedics, service industries, secret service officers ....

Other teachers don't work very hard ... and the amount of whining that goes on about the implementation of personal reviews / objectives/ minimum standards is a farce. Here in "industry" we have appraisals, PARs, objectives etc....
And OFSTED inspections ... what's the big deal?. If you are doing stuff to the correct standard or above , why is there such an issues?

Teachers do get the brunt of appalling standards of parenting and disipline in the UK today .... but a bit more hiumility with the rest of us 2grwon ups" might not go a miss.

For all I know, you're a great guy, and I caught you on a bad day, so there is nothing personal in my posting. But you did respond "to type" !

And I'm not availible for dentention next Tuesday !

The Phantom Pieman said:
Carl ... this sort of proves my "holier than thou" approach of most teachers. What the f*** do you guys think the restof us do?

Assumption 1 you got wrong ( no surprise there ... teacher arrogance). My sister is a head teacher of a school, my mother was a teacher, my sister in law is a teacher.

Out here in civy street , whether you like it or not, a teacher can be spotted at 100 paces. Mainly because they think they are better educated or better informed that the rest of the world.

Yes , some teachers do work hard. My sister does some extreme hours. Some down to the job , some down to her management. But the teaching education does not have the monopoly on long hours etc. Sorry, buster , but I have had 10 years working much longer hours than you do. And 25 days holiday a year.

There are plenty of people who do longer hours for much worse pay ... nurses, parmedics, service industries, secret service officers ....

Other teachers don't work very hard ... and the amount of whining that goes on about the implementation of personal reviews / objectives/ minimum standards is a farce. Here in "industry" we have appraisals, PARs, objectives etc....
And OFSTED inspections ... what's the big deal?. If you are doing stuff to the correct standard or above , why is there such an issues?

Teachers do get the brunt of appalling standards of parenting and disipline in the UK today .... but a bit more hiumility with the rest of us 2grwon ups" might not go a miss.

For all I know, you're a great guy, and I caught you on a bad day, so there is nothing personal in my posting. But you did respond "to type" !

And I'm not availible for dentention next Tuesday !

a). I do not deny many others work hard, but do they continually get stick for 'long holidays'?
b). I did not get it wring, all your experience is 'second hand' - go and stand in a classroom, teach back to back lessons, make it intersting, help the students get good results and remain sane. Then do the ever mounting pile of admin - we now need risk assessments for everything - since I am first on site each morning I am (in the eyes of the law) responsible for any accident that occurs on site at that time.
c) Who complained about inspections - last one my department came out as a 'centre of excellence' within the school (and this is at one of the top schools in the country).
d) Given I have a degree in a shortage subject, my pay is not high for the hours I do, but it is enough to live on, so fair enough.
e). A teacher can be spotted at 100 paces - total bo££ocks. Regulars at my local pub would not beleive I was a teacher when I told them, last week I was stopped by someone selling tools - he thought I was a builder.

Carl

carlhowe said:
[
b). I did not get it wring, all your experience is 'second hand' - go and stand in a classroom, teach back to back lessons, make it intersting, help the students get good results and remain sane. Then do the ever mounting pile of admin - we now need risk assessments for everything - since I am first on site each morning I am (in the eyes of the law) responsible for any accident that occurs on site at that time.

e). A teacher can be spotted at 100 paces - total bo££ocks. Regulars at my local pub would not beleive I was a teacher when I told them, last week I was stopped by someone selling tools - he thought I was a builder.

Carl [/B]

b) You try getting on an airplane, and giving a presentation to the company board for 3-4 hours, including "grown up questions" ... and your very longevity at the company depends on it ... and perhaps the jobs of many others ..

Yes, my experience of "your" world is 2nd hand ... but it is an awful lot closer than your experience of "my world"

e) Yeah, right .... he just thought you might be an undercover policeman ... so he "outed you". The cord patches on your tweed jackets, and the shoes fastened with velcro always give you away .......

The Phantom Pieman said:

e) Yeah, right .... he just thought you might be an undercover policeman ... so he "outed you". The cord patches on your tweed jackets, and the shoes fastened with velcro always give you away .......

What stereo-typed views you have...
tweed..No
Cord..No
Velcro...only on my bike boots
Jeans..Yes
Shoes with laces--Yes
Bike leathers (rather old and tatty these days, but too comfortable to think about replacing them...Yes

Oh, and as for you first point - the jobs of others do deopend on me getting it right - in the immediate instance it is my department, who without option numbers (my subject is an option and not compulsory) would be out of work and in the longer term, the students I teach, without the grades they need they would not be at university or working thier chosen careers today.

Carl

Back
Top Bottom