Anyone installed a TT sports seat? HELP!

V2 TRV

Reaction score
I have a 03 1150 and thought I'd change the seat to a TT Sports seat. The original red one was looking a bit the worse for wear and I wanted to add a little bit of height.

The seat arrived today and basically for the past two hrs I can't get the damn thing on! :spitfire

Can anyone help?

My prob is (other than the crappy instructions being in German) is knowing which permutation of grommets works on the 1150.

The original seat frame is utilised - this I've done. The immediate question is- do i dump the original rubber mtg bushings and just use the TT spacers instead? Or is it a combo of both or none at all? :nenau

Ther are two screw lenghts supplied for use with/without the spacers - which variation works? I've tried them all and none do. Beyone that there are two rear underside hooks which hook in to the rear seat unit - i managed to get the seat mounted at the front but these were a mile off and then visa versa :(

This seat is doing my head in and beyond that it's -2* in my garage at the moment and I'm rapidly running out of patience. :spitfire

Any help much appreciated :thedummy

Attachments

• 01-055-2187-0_I_01.jpg
    01-055-2187-0_I_01.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 171
You should be able to get instructions in Engkish form the TT USA site.

At the top of this page click on "useful links", the scroll down to "Technical Information", and click on Touratech Fitting Instructions ...

You should be able to get instructions in Engkish form the TT USA site.

At the top of this page click on "useful links", the scroll down to "Technical Information", and click on Touratech Fitting Instructions ...

Tried that but no joy :(

Thanks anyway :thumb2

I always have trouble when a bike comes in with these seats fitted.

Sometimes they just click into place, and i think "How'd i do dat" . But 99% of the time it's a struggle.

Finally got the fecker

:spitfire

Too many spacers needed applied to get it to fit but I got there in the end

Nice Quality ruined by crap tolerances - haven't cursed as much as when I tried to install my Metal Mule frames :blast

Attachments

• TT Seat 00500.jpg
    TT Seat 00500.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 76

Back
Top Bottom