Aux lights intensity, changing with info switch 2010 GS TC

dicktheleg

Pestie to the Nobility
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Does anyone else have an issue with accidentally changing the intensity of their aux / spotlights when changing the info display to show something different, or particularly when setting the clock?

Is there a way to override this switch having an effect on the lights and just setting them up in the software so they stay one one intensity in daytime and another at night or with main beam?

Thanks
Rich.

Nope its normally press and hold untill the lights flash, to indicate there in change mode. If i recall its around 10 seconds holding the button to get into the light change mode

Nope its normally press and hold untill the lights flash, to indicate there in change mode. If i recall its around 10 seconds holding the button to get into the light change mode
Setting the click, yes possibly that would have an issue, but how often do you set the clock? Just put it on a non alterable setting after you set the clock and reset your light intensity 😁

Yes you can fix the intensity in the sw. So it dosent alter, day to night

Yes you can fix the intensity in the sw. So it dosent alter, day to night

I’m aware of that and have indeed done so but I want to be able to stop the intensity changing when I scroll through the info, if I scroll too fast it puts them off too. I was looking to just set them in the software and lock them at my chosen settings, effectively removing control of the lights from the info button.

Thats really odd, on my 2011 i have to hold the info button for at least 10 seconds untill the lights flash, i then turn them off,
then it's 10 presses to go from 10% to 100% brightness , leave for 10 secs to set , or turn the ignition off

The only time i had an issue, was when i set the lights on the wrong circuit, and had one of the other circuits configured for another setting

I do know that if you enable some settings it overides other settings (brake functions)

may be worth seeing if there is a sw update due or doing a reset and starting again ?

Hi Dicktheleg

You can disable your handlebar controls in the extra settings menu in the software (3 dots next to the aux lights channel):
1707376585720.png

Kind regards and safe travels

Back
Top Bottom