battery charge

john lynch

i have a '94 gs that i dont use as much as i'd like to......hence the battery is going flat on me...... when this happens i slide the tank back and put the battery on charge for a few hours this has happened 3 times in the last month ...... there must be a better way........ this could be a silly question but is there a way of charging through the power point????? thanx!

get an Optimate and leave it connected all of the time

they do a lead that plugs into the accessory socket (at an additional charge) or you can hard wire the supplied leads to your battery as I did.

Hein Gericke stock them

If you want to adapt your existing charger to fit the accessory socket then I think that Hein Gericke sell the smaller BMW adapters that you could wire into your charger leads.

If you live in a rural area then John Deere tractor dealers sell adapters of the correct size apparently. I guess this may be a more practical option in Ireland!

These are the part numbers someone posted a while ago for the John Deer plugs/sockets

Male Plug RE11344
Female Socket MG82002966 or AL25073

Mike:)

Is it OK to connect it via the accessory socket? Does it do the same job? Mine is connected directly to the battery at the moment

Back
Top Bottom