BB Power Chip - any good ?

Gecko

Reaction score
I have a chance to get a second hand BB power chip for my R1100GS. Anyone know about these chips ? The seller says they are supplied by Wunderlich but I can't find them on their site. Are they any good ?
I'm running a non-cat 1999 R1100GS with Remus Grand Prix . Are there any pit falls to fitting this kind of chip ?
All info gratefully received . I need to decide by saturday because I'm away all next week.
Cheers
Gecko

Gecko said:
I have a chance to get a second hand BB power chip for my R1100GS. Anyone know about these chips ? The seller says they are supplied by Wunderlich but I can't find them on their site. Are they any good ?

Marc,

check here:

www.bbpower.de

Wunderlich certainly used to sell them.

Hi Gecko,

I got a second hand one for me 1150.
Running Y-piece & Remus Revolution (baffle out).
I was concerned about lean running - not anymore.
I found it smoothed the power delivery noticeably - particularly eliminated a slight "dip" around 4,500 RPM.
It does shift the power further up the rev range a bit - red line extended to 8,100 RPM.
Possibly a slight reduction in low down torque. The changes are marginal rather than life changing.
Take extreme care when fitting - it would be very easy to bend the legs on the chips - particularly taking out the OEM one.
I cut the throttle body air intakes both sides as per the instructions and unplugged the Lamda sensor at the connector under the tank.
I'm happy with mine but I'm not sure I'd have paid full whack.

Hope this helps.

Gecko,

I had one on my 1100 and thought it was great tank range went down to 160-170 miles though. I thought it was worth the extra fuel though because the bike ran so well. I did have the chip on the K&N, Large inlet duct and Remus.

Difference??

Whats the difference between the chip and a techlusion box? Have got on at the moment.....
K&N airfilter.
Carbon air induct.
"Y" piece. Remus. (With baffle as i find it seems to pull better with iot in, by that may just be me...)
Have just aquired some larger air induct from a fellow GSer.
What will i gain by putting a Techlusion on instead of just a chip? Is there more scope for tweaking with the box as opposed to just plugging in the chip and go?
Mark :0)

The BB chip has nine preset fuelling maps selected with a jumper in the CCP slot in the fuse box.
The Techlusion (AFAIK) allows continuous tweaking of the fuelling but is probably best setup in conjunction with a session on a dyno

Back
Top Bottom