Best Tyre 80/20 On/Off Road

Mitas E07+, had one on the back of my Hexhead, rode from Ireland to Italy and back for the Stella Alpina, went up pretty near the top, two up. Great tyre. Used the tyre on wet back roads in Ireland, couldn't fault it.

Mine was not the Dakar version:
"The harder rubber compound of the Dakar version (yellow stripe marking) brings 20% more mileage compared to the standard version and almost complete puncture protection thanks to the reinforced carcass. The rubber compound of the standard version (non-Dakar) is better suited for wet roads."

I bought a set of only slightly worn Conti TKC80 at a Bahnstormer charity sale a few years back. I fitted them to my Hexhead GSA and they were hateful things to use on road with coarse rumbling at low speed through the bars/seat from the tread blocks and awful heavy and vague steering feel so I removed them. I can see why they were only slightly worn, presumably they came on a new bike and the owner got them swapped out quickly.

They are still sat in my garage, I can't give the damn things away.

I'll have em

I'm on the South Coast, quite a way from Norfolk (plus they are old tyres.)

I can check the date marker and sizes on them if you like but they fit standard Hexhead GSA size rim.

Avons?

Surprised nobody's mention the Avon Trailriders or the slighlty more offroady Trekriders. I've just bought a set of the latter - they seem well thought of, are made in the UK and were available for reasonable money.

Never seen them before, not sure if it would be aggressive enough of a tread pattern as he wants a more knobby look. Would probably be ok for the terrain he wants though.

I've got to say this is such a great forum and resource for information. I'm going to look at the Contis though. Seems to be a lot of love for those.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Just looking now. Conti Escape looks like they might provide just the right balance that I'm looking for. Any thoughts on that one?

The nearest tyre pattern to that is the Karoo street I'd say.

Oh yeah your right. They could well be an option.

Any thoughts/views/reviews of those?

The nearest tyre pattern to that is the Karoo street I'd say.

I had Karoo Streets on my last 1250. Great tyre and exceptionally close in performance to the Pirelli Scorpion STRs - and actually fractionally better on tarmac as they don't flex quite as much the Scorpions when fully leant over. For greenlaning, they will perform about the same. But my goodness are the Karoos noisy. They howl at 70-80mph and are acoustically a nightmare. After the KarooStreets, I went back to the ScorpionSTRs which are significantly quieter.

Michelin Anakee Adventure......

Anyone used these?

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

Yes, they are brilliant, but also have some spare wheels with Karoo 4's on, which are also brilliant, but much better off road with a small sacrifice in grip on road :beerjug:.

EMB.

So I have the Michelin Anakee Adventure.....and I entirely agree with you there. Great tyres.

What I actually meant to say was Michellin Anakee Wild.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

I love my Karoo Streets, on my second pair I do gravel tracks as well as high speed twisties and they look great.

I’m wearing earplugs and can’t hear anything over the Akrapovic 😂😂

Back
Top Bottom