best tyres

charliegadget

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a GSA 07... and I would like to know what people would recomend as the best tyre for on road and "green lane'ing"

would rather not have to change the tyre all the time!

Thanks

Charlie

yep... thought you would say that!!

Has anyone had any experience on how they perform on the road and (roughly) how long they should last??

Thanks again

Charlie

Conti TKC80 if your doing plenty of green laning

Totally agree, they are great off-road and not that bad on-road, tend to spin up a bit in the wet if your ham fisted with the throttle on-road, not too sure on wear, still on my first set. TKC's all the way!:thumb2

Cheers Stu
Ride Safe & Rock HARD! :guitarist

Conti's great but if you ride hard on the road then you will not like these- if you are steady eddy then they are fab. Did 4,000 miles on a set 2,500 off road....I think you may be better off with the Scorpions as a compromise. You want the best- safety on the road really especially if you say 15% off road which probably transpires to 5-10% in mileage. You are not going to ride when it's goopey anyway are you? You have to be honest really- how hard, fast, conditions etc etc.....

Best Tyres

Tourance..........good.......6/10:bounce1

Distanzia..........very good 8/10:clap

Trail Attack.......stick like Sh*t to Blanket wet or Dry 10/10:bow

Just changed from Annakees to Trail attacks on the GSA;
500 miles on, both wet and dry, one word `transformation`. Quicker steering and totally planted, scrubbed in for 20-30 miles then over to the edges on the rear with a 5mm chicken strip on the front, (never had a front to the edge on a GS).

Mark

Just fitted conti road attack to 07 gsa, doing a lot of road touring over next month and find them great especially in corners bike turns drops on its side and is planted all the way thru obviously i dont know how long they will last but first impressions very good:thumb2

Just changed from Annakees to Trail attacks on the GSA;
500 miles on, both wet and dry, one word `transformation`. Quicker steering and totally planted, scrubbed in for 20-30 miles then over to the edges on the rear with a 5mm chicken strip on the front, (never had a front to the edge on a GS).

Mark

I`ll just amend that, now got rid of the front chicken strips and the back is off the edge. What a bike:clap

sweet...

they sound good tyre, hope they last ok... with grip like that they sound quite soft... are they??

Just fitted conti road attack to 07 gsa, doing a lot of road touring over next month and find them great especially in corners bike turns drops on its side and is planted all the way thru obviously i dont know how long they will last but first impressions very good:thumb2

+1 I agree .Superb on the road .

They even were fine off road .On hard packed dirt and stones I admit(thats the only off road i would ever do on a gs) but still no problem.

Weird pattern

:hide for a trail tyre ???
Can't see you getting much grip on anything loose let alone gravel or mud :nenau
has anyone tried them in the 'fun' stuff?

Attachments

• ContiTrailAttack.jpg
    ContiTrailAttack.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 263

Back
Top Bottom