Bike security

grandtrousers

Reaction score
Would anyone please advise of the best possible bike security chain available and the best length to buy. I hear some chains can be shattered by "freezing" them with a fire extinguisher and then shattering them. Also if anyone knws of a really good bike cover that can also be secured. :help

Hola,
Ive got an Oxford Monster lock and chain about 1.5m I think, good lock and chain but weights a ton, I paid about £130 a year and half ago from Hein G, I think you may have to wait till the 2nd ice age before this one gives up.
regards
jose

Ground anchors

I used to make some ground anchors, and I think I've still got a few in the garage. I sent it to Ride for evaluation in one of their tests, and they said they broke it in under a second, so they didn't put it in the test. We managed to break a landrover half shaft trying to get the thing out of the ground? Funilly enough, not long after the test was printed, and everyone had forgotten about it, the box lock came on the market, Twats.
Anyway if you want one give me a bell 01905 612705

grandtrousers said:
Would anyone please advise of the best possible bike security chain available and the best length to buy. I hear some chains can be shattered by "freezing" them with a fire extinguisher and then shattering them. Also if anyone knws of a really good bike cover that can also be secured. :help

I have an old Abus Granit lock with 11/12mm hex chain 1.4m long, this only just loops through the back wheel and both rear footrest hangers keeping the lock off the ground, preventing it being smashed against a hard surface. If I was buying now 1.5m would make life a lot easier. It cost about £120 10 years ago but having bought cheaper and lost a Suzuki DR350 before I had paid for it, I realised you really do get what you pay for and decent locks are less than the theft excess on your insurance.

You can find a list of all the "Sold Secure" approved products at http://www.crimereduction.gov.uk/guidance9.pdf

I bought a 1.5 m oxford monster chain and lock plus an oxford monster disc lock on ebay in march this year for less than £130 for the both . I spoke to the guy on the phone and he seemed to be a dealer who just sells through ebay . The stuff came down in next to no time and was all in proper oxford packaging.

Back
Top Bottom