Bike trip to Spain (kind of)

g00ner

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Prior to Covid a trip to La Pobla De Segur near Lleida has become a regular event amongst our group of like minded souls. Camp for a week and ride the roads and trails in the vicinity (kudos to Simon from here who introduced us originally via his HISS events).

This year is the first group jaunt properly abroad since, though there’s been short channel hops to Normandy
I’m cheating by taking the bike in my van… the long drive to the destination no longer holding the attraction it once did. Maybe I’m old or lazy or both..

I was ‘sposed to go on Friday but the van was having some creature comforts fitted which weren’t completed in time so the others set off over the past few days. At least I’ll have windows and an (unnecessary) heater and insulation on this trip. Awning mounting bolts didn’t arrive in time though so that can wait till my return..

BC73925A-EA5F-4754-9393-0463CF22190E.jpeg

C8927FA1-BF01-4CA9-A7BE-EAB5709725E1.jpeg

7BA1F2C0-6D15-483B-990B-C5C822903C59.jpeg

Van loaded, bike fitted with screen and Nav tower removed

1FB6192E-CD22-4230-B2B3-E31EAF94218C.jpeg

So earlyish start (sod getting up in the middle of the night) and a shirt trip to Le Shuttle. Super close and very convenient.

Loading, woo Hoo…

85ADD42B-C913-45E3-BE10-4D55EC6C1A65.jpeg

Good effort getting a Norden in that van, I struggle with roof height with an XR400 or KTM 350 EXC

I’m not planning to smash the autoroutes.. part of the fun for me is taking the less direct route and soaking up the atmosphere. I’ll take the opportunity to take a peek if somewhere catches my eye.. general route set for a slower trip

98C45D6E-5C4B-492E-91D4-FCF91FEE8CDE.png

Good effort getting a Norden in that van, I struggle with roof height with an XR400 or KTM 350 EXC
All the bikes go in. Urban and FE350 easily, the Norden I enlisted a hand from youngest Son. Having a good ramp helps

I’ve got a spare top bulkhead now if it’s any use to anyone (y)

Have a good one. Like your van.

Nicely looking van. What does the wee spoiler on the bonnet do.? Or is it for style?

Barry

Well I’ve been bumped into four wheel trips by .anon. Since I’ll be on two wheels tomorrow this will be a short report.

Be careful those who feel the need to post their dinner, you’ll find yourselves in the Gastro or whatever it’s called

Back
Top Bottom