Bloody Jap Crap…T700 recall

steadysteve

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
T7 proving to be a bag of shite.
It had a recall today for a new reflector on the rear end , above the back light. Not reflective enough apparently. Feckin outrageous it is.

Having struggled with it only doing 70mpg, the ability to do road miles in reasonable comfort, back road scratching followed by trail riding and a ride home again plus the ability to carry luggage etc only to be let down like this….

True these Jap bikes are crap ,,, I had a head light bulb go on a Honda ST1300 ,,, only done 24 thousand miles too ,,, grrr

True these Jap bikes are crap ,,, I had a head light bulb go on a Honda ST1300 ,,, only done 24 thousand miles too ,,, grrr
You should have rejected the feckin thing........that's just taking the piss

S20 5G sent this......

take it easy ,on reflection you have'nt spent enough money to get all those problems keep calm !

Indicator stopped working. But I had left the connector disconnected after I fitted the spots. Away to Albania on Friday on it.
ff9d685dcac6271f1c96ad12b8205d55.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

T7 proving to be a bag of shite.
It had a recall today for a new reflector on the rear end , above the back light. Not reflective enough apparently. Feckin outrageous it is.

Having struggled with it only doing 70mpg, the ability to do road miles in reasonable comfort, back road scratching followed by trail riding and a ride home again plus the ability to carry luggage etc only to be let down like this….

I was think to change for this bike, now I must reflect my thinking again :D

Hi guys, my gear indicator stopped workin for the fifth gear after the bike got warm.
Was flickering in the dash and then disappearing, the other gears were showing OK.
Now the first isn't showing either.
Meskells in Limerick never heard about such a problem, and never fixed it either, blah, blah.
Anyone else with this issue?

Cheers -- Josey

Hi guys, my gear indicator stopped workin for the fifth gear after the bike got warm.
Was flickering in the dash and then disappearing, the other gears were showing OK.
Now the first isn't showing either.
Meskells in Limerick never heard about such a problem, and never fixed it either, blah, blah.
Anyone else with this issue?

Cheers -- Josey

It's a known known; your dealer needs to wake up: -

............ https://www.tenere700.net/topic/1315-gear-position-switch-issue/

Phew. Had me concerned there for a minute as I’m seriously considering (a used example) one of these mainly because my nearest dealer happens to be Yamaha and also all the positive reviews I’ve read.

Got a new gear position switch from the distributor, 100% support after a while.
The original wasn't soldered right.
On the wire side, the wires were not really connected to the terminals, i.e. the terminals were still copper coulored, the bead was stuck only on the end of the wires.

Back
Top Bottom