BMW G450X Sport Enduro Launch @ Charles Hurst

Wonderboy

Reaction score
Saturday 20th September see's the official launch of the long awaited BMW G450X Sport Enduro. We at Charles Hurst BMW would like to openly invite all members of the offroad community to the launch at our showroom this Saturday 20th September from 9am to 1pm. The bike will be on display in the showroom and will be available for test ride's as of next week. Test ride's will be subject to terms and conditions.

Please come along and view the bike and feel free to have a good look around it, as this is BMW's first venture into the sport enduro market all opinions will be openly welcomed.

Charles Hurst BMW
547 Antrim Road
Newtownabbey
BT36 4RF

The showroom is between Sandyknowes roundabout and the Chimney Corner Hotel on the main A6 carriageway to Templepatrick.

G450X - Standard Trim
news_bmw_g450x_02_preview.jpg

bmw_g450x_large.jpg

Test ride's will be subject to terms and conditions.

I have my own terms and conditions Wonderboy......... You support us and we will support you.

Given that Charles Hurst Motorrad give little or no support to any UKGSer events here in Ireland I don't think I'll bother going anywhere near your launch.

EDIT

I have just noticed that you are not even a Site Sponsor and have the gall to advertise your bike launch here. Are things so bad up there that you can't afford the £12?

I think that this thread will have to be deleted. What do you think Tuned?

I have my own terms and conditions Wonderboy......... You support us and we will support you.

Given that Charles Hurst Motorrad give little or no support to any UKGSer events here in Ireland I don't think I'll bother going anywhere near your launch.

well said:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap
..... the lack of support when compared to the southern dealers is embarrising... they've give Jackets and loads of other decent gear... compared to a set of filters and maybe some oil(which i think was the last donation made by Hursts to an events charity raffle and by all accounts we were lucky to get that )

Any items given to a UKGS'er event are used to make money for worthy charities... it really goes to show what Hursts thinks of it's GS buying punters when asked to help out for BMW GS based events they give so little back....

And then one of their staff comes on here ( not even a site sponsor at that) and wants to promote an event for them to sell stuff.

nah Aidan leave it a bit anyway to see what others think

:thumb2 :clap:clap

Boys, I think you're right & I doubt you'll see much dissention in the Tosser ranks.

Despite (or probably because of) the fact that Hursts are the only Motorrad dealer in Ulster their contributions to both the site & our charity efforts have been pish poor to say the least. ALL the southern dearers contributed to our efforts at the Tipperary event at which we raised €4000. If Hursts were the last dealer on the island I wouldn't darken their door :mad:

Got to say that the original poster is a member of the site and therefore entitled to post on the forum within the forum rules, but this is a posting on behalf of a company with the intention to promote a product with the ultimate aim of creating a financial gain so I have to say it should be deleted.

Oh yeah Jochen, is that a Freudian slip in your post or are you just pleased to see me :augie

:thumb2 :clap:clap

Boys, I think you're right & I doubt you'll see much dissention in the Tosser ranks.

Despite (or probably because of) the fact that Hursts are the only Motorrad dealer in Ulster their contributions to both the site & our charity efforts have been pish poor to say the least. ALL the southern dearers contributed to our efforts at the Tipperary event at which we raised €4000. If Hursts were the last dealer on the island I wouldn't darken their door :mad:

Got to say that the original poster is a member of the site and therefore entitled to post on the forum within the forum rules,

I take your point Roger, but where he says "we at Charles Hurst" gives the impression that this is a post by Hursts or a proxy acting on their behalf.

Wonderboy said:
........We at Charles Hurst BMW.........

The Subscription shouldn't even be the issue !

Feck that, I personally feel the lads on this site are perfectly capable of making their own decisions
as to who to support and who not to support. :nenau But allowing free advertising to a company who
have massive advertising budgets to promote themselves is not fair.:spitfire
If they can't rise to £12 what hope do charities have.

Delete the first feckin post.:mad:

Or better still! :rolleyes: Edit the first post to redirect readers to another dealership ! :rob

The other dealerships have been very generous with regard to supporting the charity fund raising and
there is no other issue here other than the complete lack of generosity.

leave it, and let anyone, who reads this thread, form their own opinion.

Hurst's have the Motorrad monopoly in the North, go there, view the bike and buy elsewhere.
It is a showroom after all.

and remember,
it is better to give than receive,
as ye sow, so shall ye reap,
what goes around, comes around

Last edited:
Lol boys. No bother at all. Delete away. I only work for Hurst's, I don't own it nor do I control who give's what for raffle prizes or to charity etc so there's not really much point in having a pop at me on a motorcycle forum. I am a keen off road motorcyclist myself and thus am keen on anything to do with offroad in Ireland as a whole. I posted this topic because of my interests outside of work as I know quite a few members of the site may be keen to see the bike. Ok so maybe the wording could've been better, I wasn't asked by anyone to put it up, Hurst's or otherwise.

As I said before if you feel the need to delete it then go ahead, I wont be in the least offended.

Cheers, Mark.

there's not really much point in having a pop at me on a motorcycle forum.
Speaking for myself, I certainly wasn't having a pop at you personally, but the content of your post is another matter.
Promoting the business you work for on here does go against the grain a bit for me because non-subscribed individuals
aren't allowed get away with free adverts.:nenau

PS. Really nice bikes though, can't wait to get a spin on one. :thumb

there's not really much point in having a pop at me on a motorcycle forum.

The pop is not at you personally Mark, but at the organisation you work for. Your post was worded in such a way that I thought it was being posted by Hursts.

If I have offended you personally I apologise unreservedly, but I make no apologies for my remarks about your employer, who, as you can see are not held in much regard by the GSing community here.

Roger, sorry old boy. One really must read twice and post once. :eek:

Here Here!:clap

Mark, as a biker you could take some of these comments back to your employer and maybe re think where he has gone wrong. Within one year you managed to lose me as a customer, that loss equates to 1X 08 GSA sale, 3x service for GSA 2x items of clothing (£415).
But as for the launch of the bike I will go to my local dealer for that....Duffys.:thumb2

I have no problem with that at all Michael, I will certainly pass on any comments that are left here. I can't really be drawn into saying too much more on a public forum guy's but believe me when I say if I can do anything to help with customer relations I will. If anyone would like to discuss any issues/problems they have with us then i'll be only too happy to listen and try to resolve these but I can't do it on a forum.

My contact details-:

Ph 02890 848466
E-mail markmccully@charleshurstgroup.co.uk

Thanks, Mark.

whan i first saw the post i thought good on ya mark for lettin us know it will be there.

i have only had good experiences with the sales staff and the parts dept in hursts. the boss man is a different story.

knowing mark i really do think he was giving us a heads up and not thinking of the revenue gains for the company.
(maybe could have been worded less like an advert?)

maybe could have been worded less like an advert?

:thumb2
I did read it as an advert & it got my goat up. But, if you look back through the posts nobody said anything derogatory about / against you, Wonderboy. We were merely having a go at your employer. Apologies if it came across as anything else. And fair play for coming back on & offering to try & sort issues :thumb2

So, back to the serious stuff, who's buying one :bounce1:bounce1

Here Here!:clap

Mark, as a biker you could take some of these comments back to your employer and maybe re think where he has gone wrong. Within one year you managed to lose me as a customer,

Well said and lost me also as a customer after one year after attrocious service dept left the bike in shite state with oil after supposedly repairing oil leaks and just not bothering to carry out the front brake shims fitting in line with BMW recomendations to stop brake squeal at low speed, couldn't be bothered, or as I was told, "understaffed", WHO CARES, NOT MY PROBLEM. I think staff at Hursts need to realise that when we as customers request work to be carried out on motorcycles that we have spent quite a lot of our hard earned money on, we aren't asking them for a favour and they are not our mates. We expect nothing over and above what we have asked for.

Suffice to say that's why I like so many others now use independent BMW mechanics, and when I decide to change I'll go to a dealer that treats me with some respect.

To echo similar sentiments on here similar to that expressed by Aiden, this site should not be supporting anyone who doesn't support the charitable causes to which so many members on here work very hard for.

:beer:

Back
Top Bottom