BMW Nav II w/ Garmin Remote

mikeh501

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Garmin infra red remote control (p/n 010-10369-00) is compatible with the BMW Nav2?

I'm guessing that it is, but would like confirmation before I splash the cash.

Link to remote

Remotely speaking

So, let me see if I get this right, Mike. You want to use a remote control for your GPS .... on the bike. I used to go drinking with a guy like you .... he had short arms too.

mikeh501 said:
Does anyone know if the Garmin infra red remote control (p/n 010-10369-00) is compatible with the BMW Nav2?

I'm guessing that it is, but would like confirmation before I splash the cash.

Link to remote

Errm - I got a remote supplied with my Navigator II - along with all the other crap to use it in a car...

Mike:confused:

Glebe:

It makes a lot of sense to use a remote on the moto with the SP 26xx - you can accomplish some things with a lot fewer button pushes.

Below is a photo of how I have the remote mounted on my bike. It has been fixed on the handlebar for about 6 months now, I don't remove it during rain, or when washing the bike, or when the bike is parked - water does not seem to affect it.

PanEuropean

Attachments

• remote3.jpg
    remote3.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 272
Re: Re: BMW Nav II w/ Garmin Remote

Mike O said:
Errm - I got a remote supplied with my Navigator II - along with all the other crap to use it in a car...

:eek: Next Question.... Does anyone have the list of items I should have in the box?

Was your bought in the US MikeO? Perhaps its a different package?

So, let me see if I get this right, Mike. You want to use a remote control for your GPS .... on the bike. I used to go drinking with a guy like you .... he had short arms too.

lol, its for the car.....obviously.

Re: Re: Re: BMW Nav II w/ Garmin Remote

mikeh501 said:
:eek: Next Question.... Does anyone have the list of items I should have in the box?

Was your bought in the US MikeO? Perhaps its a different package?

Yep, bought from Chicago BMW (20% discount = $1200 (£662):thumb).

Came with 512 Mb CF Card; Remote; Bike mount (with buttons); 'Bean Bag' car mount; Bike power lead; Bike mount leads (includes sound lead); Car power/sound lead; US City Navigator with full unlock; manuals...

...I think that's it.

Mike:)

Contents of OEM packages can vary slightly from region to region (meaning, Americas vs. Atlantic vs. Pacific). I'm not referring specifically to the BMW Nav II, but to Garmin products in general.

There will always be a pre-printed packing slip in the box that lists what the contents of the kit are.

PanEuropean

Re: Re: Re: Re: BMW Nav II w/ Garmin Remote

Mike O said:
Yep, bought from Chicago BMW (20% discount = $1200 (£662):thumb).

Came with 512 Mb CF Card; Remote; Bike mount (with buttons); 'Bean Bag' car mount; Bike power lead; Bike mount leads (includes sound lead); Car power/sound lead; US City Navigator with full unlock; manuals...

...I think that's it.

Mike:)

Shock horror, the UK public gets ripped off again :rolleyes: Didn't get the bean bag, remote or car power/sound cable. Less stuff at twice the price..... but I'm still happy..... and before anyone says it, I know I could have bought a 2610 :p

My UK Nav II didn`t come with any of the car stuff, as you say typical UK rip off, what mugs we are. Have just forked out £36. for the car lead/speaker. I have tried a remote with it and it worked just fine, but will not be bothing with buying one of them too.

Having had both the 2610 and the BMW Nav II, I would suggest to anyone thinking of buying, that Its not worth paying out the extra for the BMW unit, unless you have money to burn. The only reason I`ve got one is that my RT came with it already fitted.
John.

BMW Nav II has just been released in Australia this week and it does not come with the car mounts either.

AU$2600 (about 1020 pounds)

Touratech now make an IR device for the 2610 that gives the same functions as the BMW Nav2 and fits on the bars like the IMO function switch.

Hi...I have been looking at the Touratech Webpage, but couldn't fint it, can you help me?

Trancedancer

Back
Top Bottom