BMW Off-Road Trip to Portugal - Report & Pics

Excellent Blog and pics Firebird.

Thanx for that.:thumb

I have just caught this report Firebird. A well written report with lots of information and great pictures. Thanks. :thumb

Sep 07 ride?

Anyone booked to do this ride this year?
I did the Pyrenees one last year which was also the first for Chris Evans and Si Pavey, so , interested in who might be doing this Portugal one this year.

Desert Rat - interested?

Thanks
Chris

Sept 07 ride.

Booked on the 07 trip with a mate of mine,both on 04 1200's.Can't wait.Above post looks great,some long trails.Was as mad as a bucket of frogs on levil 1+2 in Wales,hope I've got the balls to give my GS some beans offroad.Got to drop it sooner or later I suppose!:thumb

Cracking trip!!

Well, all 12 of us made it for the trip, bar a flying scotsman who broke his collarbone on the first day riding a 650GS - pity. Most of the pics are the same as posted by John / Firebird except for 2 memorable occasions, ie. a rigged "accident" as a wind up and a dropped 1200GSA on the highest peak of Portugal just after a photoshoot. All in all, a cracking ride and superb weather !! Highly recommeded!

Good read, made me jealous as myself and two freinds had every intention of booking onto this trip having completed Simon Pavey's trip to spain last September. Sadley,we all lacked funds and the idea of the Santanda crossing put paid to it, at least for this year. Regards RB

clean bikes

Jaws,
We all went into a state of depression when a huge deluge washed all the dirt and dust off our bikes and clothes - reministent of the dirty dozen, prior to leaving Quita de Geia !
It looked as if we had just ridden on roads the whole time, yet just before; we were all coated in dust and dirt !

Hi Chris, didn't twigg it was you, well you jammy sod I wish I could have come on the trip it sounds like you had a great time with much more off road than Spain. Maybe next year!!! You must be off to SA any time now? Regards David

Back
Top Bottom