Bonjour from Riders Rest

Riders Rest

Reaction score
Hi all, I hope you don't mind me joining as I do not ride a BMW - I am a biker or Motorcyclist whichever you prefer. I am on a couple of forums uning the Alias "Nomad" but unfortunately the ID has already been taken here so I have opted for this one. :augie

Wendy and I live in France - the best bit of France too just a little over halfway down in the Central Massif. Near a place called Treignac in the Correze...

We gave up the fast lane in the UK and bought a place here in 2007 with the sole intention to ride but having many friends who also ride it was suggested over many cold ones that we were the ideal people to open up a Bikers only B&B which surprisingly we did and opened our doors officially in May 2008 and we haven't looked back since. http://ridersrest.eu

Wendy rides too - she has a modified Honda CB500S which she rides like a dervisher through the local roads and I have to admit she is pretty good and her riding has improved imensley since coming over to France, Clear roads, perect bends and respect from other road users have built her confidence no end. Sadly she is too short for a GS heck she is too short for a lowered CB500S too but...

I Ride any of my 3 bikes the FJR, Stelvio or R111 dependant on my mood or the company I am with but I am sure I am going to bore you with riding etc on the forums so I shall not do it here in the intro...

sun001.jpg

We have toured extensively through out the UK and Europe for many years and even had our Honeymoon on a Harley in the USofA but that is a story for later... we keep a plethra of photo's along with routes etc on our personal website which is viewable here www.whereistonynow.co.uk - if you are looking for insparation to ride either the Uk or Europe I hope you find something on the site.

I hope to be of use to anyone planning a trip over to france with either advice fron personal experience or from what I know of the laws in the country.

Oh yes I don't spell very well - nor do I worry too much about it :pullface

I have also lurked as a Guest as advised to do so by a few GSer visitors to Riders Rest so if you are out there Hi.

Website problem?

Hello and welcome I have just been looking at your website and it appears to have a glich in it as all it shows is error :eek: I would have PMd you but thats wasn't an option. Looked lovely though!!!

Hi and welcome to the site :beerjug:

Love the Stelvio, perfect for the roads around there :thumb2

Note, though, if you are going to advertise any businesses on the site you need to subscribe, it's only £12 pa and will alow other members to PM you.

Andres

Hi and welcome, every success in your venture. Any one with problem with link just google the site riders rest france. Great site.

Keb_B; Mattrex; alimey4u2, and takahe - Thank you for the warm welcome

Hi and welcome to the site :beerjug:

Love the Stelvio, perfect for the roads around there :thumb2

Note, though, if you are going to advertise any businesses on the site you need to subscribe, it's only £12 pa and will alow other members to PM you.

Andres

I understand your point - The Stelvio is a good bike for the roads :augie

No seriousely though my intention was not to JUST come on and advertise my business though I guess with it being a "Bikers" business then an intro to me would not be complete without mentioning it...

I have just joined the forum and probably will become a Sponsor or Subscriber but lets be fair there would be no point in simply subscribing before testing the waters after all. Predoninantly I have joined to wax lyrical about my passion which is Riding and Bikes in general, France is a great place but my main form of communication is English so I come to the forum for some light hearted banter and to keep abreast of the UK biking news and the UKGSer forum has its share of riders who venture out more often than on the Sunday speed run and much further than the nearest bike cafe and who ride for the ridng and not to show off so I feel I should find myself at home here even without the GS... :beerjug:

.... didn't i see you on the Irishbikerforum.com ? :)

looked at your site - is good :thumb2

and you've already helped us out here with a good link to Bike/Rail info on another thread....
am tempted!
Ta

.... didn't i see you on the Irishbikerforum.com ? :)

looked at your site - is good :thumb2

and you've already helped us out here with a good link to Bike/Rail info on another thread....
am tempted!
Ta

Hi Ogmois, Yes I am on the IrishBikers Forum :aidan

The French Motorail is a great way to get down to the "Interesting" roads and save those tyres. www.railsavers.com

Back
Top Bottom