Brake disc - same or different

Gecko

Reaction score
In my search for a replacement rear brake disk for my 1999 R1100GS a very nice bloke has offered me a rear disk of an R model. The difference is that on the R the disk is mounted on the final drive not the wheel as it is on the GS and the RT. Does anyone know if this disk is the same size and will it fit on a GS wheel ?
Cheers
Gecko

Gecko said:
In my search for a replacement rear brake disk for my 1999 R1100GS a very nice bloke has offered me a rear disk of an R model. The difference is that on the R the disk is mounted on the final drive not the wheel as it is on the GS and the RT. Does anyone know if this disk is the same size and will it fit on a GS wheel ?
Cheers
Gecko

When I did the Alloy wheel conversion, I ended up having to use a Disc carrier off an R1100RT which bolts to the drive.

The Disc off the GS then bolts to that........result, the GS Disc should be the same size........;)

CC

:cool:

Re: Re: Brake disc - same or different

coolcarbon said:
When I did the Alloy wheel conversion, I ended up having to use a Disc carrier off an R1100RT which bolts to the drive.

The Disc off the GS then bolts to that........result, the GS Disc should be the same size........;)

CC

:cool:

What he said..........

I've got the 3 spoke alloy conversion from an R1100R/RT/RS & fitted the rear brake disc & carrier to the rear hub. It fits fine with the original caliper, etc, but I'm not sure how it works with the GS wheel.

HTH,

Thanks Gents. I will take the nice man up on his offer - it certainly sounds like it may work :D

Back
Top Bottom