Break brake Pads

doubleR

Reaction score
Just removing my wheels to have new tyres fitted. On removing the offside front caliper the inner pad fell out. When I checked, it was the pad which had seperated from the back plate - glad it happened on the bench.

Can anyone recommend replacement pads for a 98 1100GS with ABS.
Advice appreciated.

doubleR said:
Just removing my wheels to have new tyres fitted. On removing the offside front caliper the inner pad fell out. When I checked, it was the pad which had seperated from the back plate - glad it happened on the bench.

Can anyone recommend replacement pads for a 98 1100GS with ABS.
Advice appreciated.

were they original BM pads, this happens alot, moisture gets in between the friction material and backing plate causing them to part company -- stop washing it before you put it to bed and use your brakes harder to dry them off.

Don't know if they were BVM, but the bike had been serviced at a BM dealer prior to my purchase. As Hong Kong Phooey would say "could be".

So, I wash my bike, I'm a clean livin' kinda guy.

I have been known to brake quite hard - so what do I buy??

Whaa.....
4583.jpg

oh sorry FERODO.:D

Have ordered Frodo, hope those big feet stop it quicker.

How much would Stepto have charged me then??

doubleR said:
Have ordered Frodo, hope those big feet stop it quicker.

How much would Stepto have charged me then??

Ahh for friends like a tenner or something. Was cheaper than motorworse as far as I can recall.

Check here <a href="http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15450&highlight=oil+filter">Link to prices</a>

Yup, cheaper than motorvorks. Bit stoopid of me, I hadn't noticed the discount section before. I must stop hanging around in 'view new posts'

Back
Top Bottom