Brisk Plugs?

newman7096

Reaction score
I've read almost all the threads re Brisk Plugs and have established that they've only got a 4500 mile service life!

Has anyone taking them beyond 4500 miles?

Any interesting results?

Brisk plugs !

I fitted a brand new pair to my 1100 on the morning of the pig fest ! After 80 miles the bike decided it din't like them and gradually became unrideable. Managed to get to a Halfords where a very pleasant oik produced a set of NGK's for a Ford Fiesta whereupon normal service was resumed !
Brisk's went back to Motorworks this am, leaving me to ponder the wisdom of paying Motorworks £19 for two or Halfords £11.99 for 4 ?

Now you tell me !

Although you didn't have any last time I asked ! but i'll be back to you next service time !

My last lot of Brisk plugs were in the bike for 10,000 miles with no noticeable problems. I got an immediate improvement in fuel consumption of around 10% and that stayed about the same during the life of the plugs. I thought they were good enough to use at my last service and have now done another 4000 miles with no problems.

I run an 1150GS with a Y piece and standard silencer by the way.

Cheers

Dick

Just as a matter of interest what was yours doing to make it unrideable Oblertone??

newman7096 said:
I've read almost all the threads re Brisk Plugs and have established that they've only got a 4500 mile service life!

Has anyone taking them beyond 4500 miles?

Any interesting results?

6000 then started to run lumpy, tried a set of Splitfire, very good result and got 55 mpg on the run to the Hogg Roast, better than the Brisk. (and cheaper) :D

I used Brisk plugs in my 11 last year with no problems, also at 19 quid/pair. They didn't offer any noticeable improvement over Champion RC7YCC which I can get for 2 pounds/pair.:)

Symptoms

Fanum, the bike kept going on to one cylinder, then back to two, making it a pig to ride. At first I thought I hadn't seated the plug cap properly, so on the Sat AM of the pig fest I tried them again, making sure the caps were properly seated, it was shite. It may be that one plug was defective, as one came out blackened, but they have both gone back to Motorworks.

I've recently replaced my standard plugs with Brisks (1150GS with Y peice and standard can) and noticed a smoother running engine, surging dissappeared and improved fuel consumption. £19 a pair IS pricey but I reckon I'll save £60 in fuel over 10000 miles.
Never heard of the 4500 mile service life though.

Re: Symptoms

oblertone said:
Fanum, the bike kept going on to one cylinder, then back to two, making it a pig to ride. At first I thought I hadn't seated the plug cap properly, so on the Sat AM of the pig fest I tried them again, making sure the caps were properly seated, it was shite. It may be that one plug was defective, as one came out blackened, but they have both gone back to Motorworks.

Oeer.....that's bizarre!

:confused:

Cheers Oblertone

Had Brisks installed at the dealer as part of a surge cure. Engine ran irregular. Carbtune check out, right cyl didn't fire. New plug was defective. Tried another plug, worked fine. After about 7000 km got small surging again.
Replaced the Brisks with Champion RC9YC. Runs fine again, minimal surging.

Isn't the RC7YC hotter? I checked the Champion site, they recommend the 9. Read on an American site that the early 1100 used the 7. Past 97, they changed to 9 as recommended.
Does anyone know?

Re: Re: Brisk Plugs?

Les Wassall said:
6000 then started to run lumpy, tried a set of Splitfire, very good result and got 55 mpg on the run to the Hogg Roast, better than the Brisk. (and cheaper) :D

Splitfire... more info please.:)

Yep, I run brisk plugs in my 1100, a nicer running engine but no other noticable difference. I tried them on reccomendation from Motorworks and am pleased with them especially as the rev counter on my IMO100R started working again with the brisk plugs.

I do manage to make them last to my 5000 mile service interval but things are a little rough for the last couple of hundared miles.

Sherlocks do the plugs for £6ish each which is the cheapest I have found thus far.

Ian Whinnett

More to the point, where can one buy the standard 1150GS plug without supporting the dealers? I mean £5 each is a bit of a piss take.
Steptoe, for some reason your website is 'forbidden' to my browser.

sjwb, I thinnk you'll find Steptoe's site verboten to everyone. I was speaking with him a couple of weeks ago, and he said its knackered. I tried it again tonight, and its still knackered.

Apparently he has his man working on it.

FB

plugs are £3.25(1150) £2.25 (1100) each, if you become a forum sponser you will be allowed to see a hidden post, called "UKGSers discount offers" in there you will find lots of my service part deals i.e. brake pads, filters ( air filters £4:28 for example) , all the things to keep your bike running at affordable prices.

or just click on the "contact me" box on my website and, contact me

thank you.

:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom