Comms earphones and glasses

SIM

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Comms earphones and glasses

I have a Schuberth E1 and their Sc10 comms, that I bought off here a while ago. I cannot get on with the comms as it is too painful nipping my ear against my glasses.

Do other gig wearers suffer the same or do you have to buy a bigger lid to accommodate the earphones.

Thanks in advance

You could make the speaker pockets a little deeper?

Reactions: SIM
No problems here. I have a pair pf glasses with thin wire arms that I prefer to wear with a helmet.

With my Scorpion Exo Tech, the lining is more spongy so I barely know I have the glasses on. The Scorpion has an Interphone Connect comms set

On my Schuberth C3 (with Interphone UCOM 16 comms setup) it's a bit tighter but can still wear the helmet with glasses all day.

Of I am wearing glasses with thicker plastic arms then I get a bit more "interference" but still wearable.

Maybe experiment a bit?

Also as Mzokk says - can you find a way to bury the speakers a bit more?

Reactions: SIM
I have no problems with wearing glasses either for my Shark Spartan fitted with the UCOM16 nor my Shoe which has the Sena SRL Mesh fitted. Barely know the comms are there. What might help is using glasses frame which have the straight gripper legs. I bought a spare set like that for the bike and they're a doddle to get on and off. I can see where if speakers are fitted al all proud it could cause issues though.

Many many moons ago I had a dedicated pair of glasses for riding. I warmed and bent the plastic arms until they could be inserted into the gap between the shell and lining of the helmet - it worked very well

I have the Arai Tour X4 lid, the speakers to my Cardio fit inside the lining of the lid. The speakers do need adjusting so that they don't pinch the ear but once done all is fine, I also have glasses that have fairly straight bendy arms that help with fitment. I always take my lid in to the opticians when choosing new glasses. Just to make sure all fits nicely.

I use a cardo setup in my Neotec 2s, wear glasses, never had an issue with any of them and ears. But you do need to fettle to get the speakers to sit further in the gaps. I have 45mm speakers in my helmets. Sounds like the speakers are to close to your ears

Neotec 2 + SRL.
Probs with standard glasses so spent a fortune on Nike prescription, then chopped off most of the arms- sorted.

Using seinheiser IE200 attached to my Sena20S and Shoei GT Air II.

I use headphones as I haven't found a speaker that works well plus the earphones with Comply foam tips double up as earplugs for wind noise.

Can't fault the setup. Minor slower putting lid on but it's worth it for the sound quality and reduction in wind noise which I'd need plugs for anyway.

The latest comms generally use improved HD speakers, and even with earplugs, I can hear mine clearly at motorway speeds.

The latest comms generally use improved HD speakers, and even with earplugs, I can hear mine clearly at motorway speeds.
Nothing remotely like in ear buds tbh. Im fairly particular about clarity. It's night and day for comms voice discussions.

Have you tried the latest versions though?

Back
Top Bottom