confused

ontheroadofftheroad

Reaction score
Tommorow morning I am
Going to look at an 1150gs 2001 49Kmiles. No panniers or heated grips.

I was excited to go see it but father in law kept going on about what sort of person does that sort of mileage and dosent get heated grips etc He said its bound to be a state etc.

Dealer said the bike has the usual corrosion on the front of the engine and fork legs?

Is this bike one to stay away from?

help I am confused now I dont want to buy a lemon

cheers

yours sadly

:confused:

ontheroadofftheroad said:

help I am confused now I dont want to buy a lemon

I found out mine was Mandarin after I bought it, I thought it was yellow. :confused:

father in law kept going on about what sort of person does that sort of mileage and dosent get heated grips etc He said its bound to be a state etc.

Like most father-in-laws I've come across, he's talking bollox.

All GS's have corrosion in those places approx. 3 minutes from leaving the showroom, and the only side affect of having no heated grips other than cold hands, is that the bike MAY not have the uprated electrics. (600 as opposed to 700 watts, or summat like that? I don't know - someone will...)

Don't be put off by these - just do the usual checks you would normally do for any bike of that mileage...

Good luck, hope it's a goodun!

pr0ne

cheers

feeling better now, been looking for a gs for ages but havent been able to sell my vfr.

I dont expect the bike to be in mint condition just want to see it with an open mind, Its blue and white which is the colour I want!

Can bmw heated grips be fitted then? probably expensive?

I wont be able to sleep tonight!

They can be retro-fitted but it will be expensive, because they need the uprated electrics to power them. I know bugger all about electrics but i'm sure someone else here can explain!! You could always fit an aftermarket set on the cheap if it was a real problem......

pr0ne

vfr?

Can you tell us a bit about the vfr you are trying to sell?

Heres abit about the vfr

2001 Blue FiY VFR800 Taxed and MOT

Full Honda Service History last service was in August which included brake fluid,clutch, coolant etc

Extras include Heated grips, Hugger, Scotoiler, Haynes Manual

I am the second owner, the first owner was my father in law. I have every bit of paper work for this bike. Its in excellent condition.

26K miles

Priced to sell at £3995.

I saw the 1150 on sat, paint work was ok but there was lots of corrosion everywhere on the bike, it looked like it had had a hard life. It was priced cheap though at £4299. 2001 1150

so still looking

:)

what sort of person does that sort of mileage and dosent get heated grips etc He said its bound to be a state etc.

down here we call them alive persons.

if it has FSH and appears kosher buy it and put more miles on it. My adv is 1 year old exactly and has 21k miles. Your father in law probably will think I am an anarchist child molester.:D

seriously the best GSs are "well used and well loved". They arent broken in until 20K plus.

When I say "loved" I mean in a normal sense not like that foto of the fat bloke in a teddy with his todger in the exhaust pipe.

:D

Back
Top Bottom