corrieairack pass

Corsican Dave

had a snoop at this last week. no nasty "private property" signs, in fact only a couple of signs effectively saying "here be dragons, enter at your own risk". like a red rag to a bull...

definitely NOT beginners' terrain, but if anyone's up for it, get in touch.

of course, if you know any different re. access, let us all know!

d:gringo

For those that don't know, the Corrieyairack Pass is an old military road between Lagan and Fort Augustus. It takes about 2 hours each way, if there is no snow!

As vehicular rights of way are under threat in England and Wales, nobody knows how long this route will remain open to traffic. If you live in northern England, why not make a weekend of it, the Aviemore resort is only 21 miles away!

However, it's a long way for me from "darn sarf" for just one weekend.

Although written by 4 wheelers, there is more information here as to what to expect in the way of difficulties and officialdom.

Iain

Fort William/ Kinlochleven Road.

I was coming up to scotland @ Easter to do this and any other roads around and about in the area. Is it worth it now. I'll be on the GS and by meself for the 4 day break. Any digs recommendations would be gratefully received.
HENRY

Had a look at that several years ago on the /7 when fully loaded and with bev on the back. There were signs saying it was closed to vehicles then and we decided it might no be our best move - would be good to go back now, but not in the immediate future - will keep an eye on the thread though - good luck ! (We were at the Laggan end I think, and the difficult bit is the other end I seem to think.);)

Re: up here!

Henry Mawson said:
I was coming up to scotland @ Easter to do this and any other roads around and about in the area. Is it worth it now. I'll be on the GS and by meself for the 4 day break. Any digs recommendations would be gratefully received.
HENRY

Henry, get your ass over here to kinlochleven. all sorts of mischief awaits...! failing this, have got some good stuff near braemar, but it's more sensitive.

blackwater hostel is amazingly comfortable. www.blackwaterhostel.co.uk (and very convenient for the 6 miles off-road to the dam)

don't know my days off yet, but let me know when you're around and we'll cook something up. best to contact me by phone 01855 831100 or mobile 0771 9687729. no internet at home.

Phoned

Hey dave,
I rang that no tonight (31/03/04), and the guy on the other end of the phone didn't seem to know what i was on about. Have i misdialled or were you having trouble with the kids?
HENRY
Funny his name was Dave.

henry,

sorry, only just got this. numbers are correct; must be your dialling! just for completeness 07719 687729. try me in about half an hour.... 1900hrs sat 3rd april

Back
Top Bottom