corrosion

Garryc

Reaction score
....Have used Scotoiler FS on the VFR and didnt see any benfit. Except the crud stock like glue!!!! Not impresssed at all!!! Comes off when it rains, which renders it useless North of the border!!!

Have used all sorts on the adventure todate - but it hasnt stopped it falling to bits.....

New so far 03 Adv:

Fork bottoms (also one side much worse than the other)
Fork brace
Mirrors (Arms blistered + Levers going the same)
Down pipes (Rusted!!! New set going the same way)

Assumption so far - BMW quality not as good as Honda

Has anyone had problems with the rims - mine seem impossibe to get clean, especially at each spoke...any suggestions???

Garryc said:
[B Has anyone had problems with the rims - mine seem impossibe to get clean, especially at each spoke...any suggestions??? [/B]

Try Muc Off and an alloy-wheel cleaning brush from Halfords or somesuch. Works fine for me.

New so far 03 Adv:

Fork bottoms (also one side much worse than the other)
Fork brace
Mirrors (Arms blistered + Levers going the same)
Down pipes (Rusted!!! New set going the same way)

Assumption so far - BMW quality not as good as Honda

Thats progress for you!

Sell it and buy a 1100GS, they still built them properly then:D

Mines 6 years old, rarely gets washed and hasn't got a spec of rust anywhere.

My Adv 02 is the same , foot peg hangers,engine block, fork brace, cylinder heads where injection is bolted on and all the bolts. Hoping to get the majority replaced under warranty.

I thought that the downpipes were chrome plated stainless steel? Mine certainly are on my '03 1150GS.

The wheels are a sod to clean - I'll try Muc-Off - thanks for the tip but the main bit corroding on mine is the centre stand. Vert thin paint on it and the heat from the cat doesn't help it.

use wd04 on the wheels and spokes, seems to do a good job?, rest of the finish is ok, altho i agree with the earlier comments about the paint on the centre stand being v v v thin:mad:

Back
Top Bottom