Dealer lone bike charges

graham h

Reaction score
Have just received a reminder from my local dealer Clarkes in B'ham,would i like to have my K1200RS serviced?well no as i've sold it twelve months ago for the R1150GS the intresting point in the letter though was now they charge you £10 +VAT for the previlage of a lone bike.My current dealer,BVM of Stroud are glad of my/your business and lone you a bike FOC plus ask you to pay for any fuel used which is fair very nice people BVM any body else out there being charged or silly enough to pay?........... :confused:

Nope. Lind's give you a free loan bike (& don't even ask you to put fuel in it, although I tend to if I've been any distance).

MikeO:)

Mine's booked in at SLM next week and when I asked for a loan bike, I was told that they now only hire bikes out at £20.00, and that's for a 650 model. I questioned why they were imposing this charge and I was told 'it's because they were having too many bikes coming back with damage on. When I go in next week, I'll question thenm as to the forms that you sign accepting responsibility for any damage done to loan bikes whilst in your care.
I think it's just not good business practice.:shoot:

I have had a loan bike from L&C in Tunbridge Wells the bike is free but there a £1000 excess on the insurance.

As for fuel not really interested as long as there is some in it

Phil Reynolds said:
Mine's booked in at SLM next week and when I asked for a loan bike, I was told that they now only hire bikes out at £20.00, and that's for a 650 model. I questioned why they were imposing this charge and I was told 'it's because they were having too many bikes coming back with damage on. When I go in next week, I'll question thenm as to the forms that you sign accepting responsibility for any damage done to loan bikes whilst in your care.
Sounds like the honeymoon period is well and truly over at the South East's newest dealership :rolleyes:

Allan Jefferies, Shipley:
Never had a problem with 'em - bike is currently in for its 18k service plus other bits - gave me a brand new R850 yesterday without any question - rang me today - bike not ready until tomorrow - can't make it tomorrow - return it Thursday they said!
FOC!
The 850's crap by the way - full on buffeting - Lordy Lordy, get me my bike back!
:D

Come to Cardiff

scurrell said:
Balderstons at Peterborough don't charge for the loaner either.

... nor Rydales, always get a loan bike FOC and an Allstar voucher for fuel if needed ... been right thru the BMW range from a Scarver up to a K1200GT. Always get a coffee too, excellent service all round ... even luvly ladies on reception in the car sowroom bit
:rose :hug

Phil Reynolds said:
For £30 quid you can have a C1!! :D

You know the answer don't you!

Complain to BMW, the're very good when it comes to sorting out little niggles like this!:eyebrow

Loan Bikes

At present Prestige at Bexleyheath loan them F.O.C. When the paperwork is signed the excess is pointed out at £750. :roll

Re: Loan Bikes

AlexV said:
At present Prestige at Bexleyheath loan them F.O.C. When the paperwork is signed the excess is pointed out at £750. :roll
Has Stuart loosened up then it used to be only if you had a Prestige plate on your bike - which of course he was happy to sell you for £15!!! :mad:

oooopps

Judge,

You may be correct about the Prestige plate. Or perhaps I softened Stuart up!! :mcgun
Maybe he realised I have connections in Italy with the cosa nostra!

I will see when I take the GS in for it's 6000 service

RainBow BMW in Sheffield - just chuck a set of keys for the bike of your choice from the demo or loan bike fleet.
No papers to sign,no shocks,no suprises and best of all no hassle.

John Clark, Dundee - FOC, just need your licence/insurance (had a new Rockster the other day when GS in for 6000 - nice motor is the twin plug)

Another vote for Allan Jefferies of Shipley.
I had some parts changed under warranty.
Free loan of bike for the day.covered on my bmw ins.
Jim;decided not to have the 850r so i had an f650 ,seemed tiny compared to the gs.
Great fun in Yorkshire . Horescum Hole! what a strange name:D
P.s. a mate took out the demo 1200cl cruiser free but with the 1000 excess. Cost 10quid to reduce the insurance excess from 1000 to 200 quid.
All this and we didn't need our passports:)

SLM loan bikes

Last week bike was in for some bits piecesque:

Service Manager: You can have a nice C1 for the day

Me: Er, no thanks

SM: OK, here's a brand new K1200GT then [!]

Me: So you really don't want me to skittle that down the road then, ha ha

Distraught head bloke (for it is he, rushing over): No no! - have this F650 instead.

I was happy enough. The 650's not bad in town, though I'd probably have skived off for the day with the 1200!

No charge, BTW

SLM

Thanks, Colt, yes it was Les but I couldn't recall the name.

Is it worth joining the SLM club? I see there are discounts and ride-outs, and they're a bit nearer than SPC.

Back
Top Bottom