E-SIMS for your travels

and often not good value or available in lots of places.
Bosnia has esims and the only decent network there offer it for the best coverage. Using the exact same bundles as going into a shop and buying a physical card

Egypt networks also do....just to pick a random 3rd world country

Morocco networks also offers them

All European networks offer them

How are they not good value....it's exactly the same thing you buy in the shop but you don't need a physical SIM card?

Not even considering it because it doesn't fit you perfectly is not a valid reason to not even try.

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

People are obviously confused what a modern smartphone is....less than 2 years old would be a good indication of if you have a modern smartphone

Newer phones have different versions of the operating system installed

The most newest for Android is Version 13. Rarely do older phones get updates, especially the cheaper (sub £400 phones)

You can check the version by going to settings/About phone (at the bottom of the menu)/Software Information/Android Version.

Bosnia has esims and the only decent network there offer it for the best coverage. Using the exact same bundles as going into a shop and buying a physical card

Egypt networks also do....just to pick a random 3rd world country

Morocco networks also offers them

All European networks offer them

How are they not good value....it's exactly the same thing you buy in the shop but you don't need a physical SIM card?

Not even considering it because it doesn't fit you perfectly is not a valid reason to not even try.

Austria?

The Samsung A12 does have 4G...just not 5G

Must be my poor reception area then because the phone says (under network mode) "3G/2G auto connect", no mention of 4G.

Must be my poor reception area then because the phone says (under network mode) "3G/2G auto connect", no mention of 4G.

Have you clicked on it as it then shows a menu and you can select a different option.

Mine is a S23+ and I can select like you 3G/2G auto connect if I just want 3G/2G only

Have you clicked on it as it then shows a menu and you can select a different option.

Mine is a S23+ and I can select like you 3G/2G auto connect if I just want 3G/2G only

I've just tried that but no joy.

I've just tried that but no joy.
What network provider you with

The A12 definitely is a 4G phones....it even states it in the specifications so it sounds like a network issue

What network provider you with

The A12 definitely is a 4G phones....it even states it in the specifications so it sounds like a network issue

BT, who use EE, but I live in the middle of nowhere and only get phone signal in my house via the wi-fi.

That’s a very interesting feature of which I wasn’t aware. Can the physical Sim and an eSim operate at the same time or do you have to select one or the other, ideally i’d like my O2 sim to receive calls whilst using the eSim in the country that I’m travelling?

That’s a very interesting feature of which I wasn’t aware. Can the physical Sim and an eSim operate at the same time or do you have to select one or the other, ideally i’d like my O2 sim to receive calls whilst using the eSim in the country that I’m travelling?
Yes to both questions is the simple answer....for Android this is exactly what you can do.

Once the phone sees the second SIM (whether esim or physical) further options appear in the same menu that allow you select which SIM will deal with texts, phone calls and data(internet)

I know this because when in France I used my Vodafone SIM for calls and a 3 PAYG SIM for data

Sadly Giff Gaff dont support e-sims

its proposed for either late this year or next ...

Yes to both questions is the simple answer....for Android this is exactly what you can do.

Once the phone sees the second SIM (whether esim or physical) further options appear in the same menu that allow you select which SIM will deal with texts, phone calls and data(internet)

I know this because when in France I used my Vodafone SIM for calls and a 3 PAYG SIM for data

Brilliant, thanks.

This is something I’ll have to consider very soon because I’m off to Israel on the 20th and I don’t really fancy paying Vodafone £6 per day to extend my roaming area to include that country.

I do have the easier option of turning off my personal phone and hammering the company one but I’ve not given that number to many people and don’t want to potentially miss an important call.

Ubigi is very good.

Data coverage for Isreal is £11 for 3 GB or £25 for 10 GB. Valid for 30 days. No commitment or contract.

There’s no voice with the service but if to can do VoLTE, your OK. Signal and WhatsApp voice would be no problem.

Installation is wee buns and very intuitive from their app.

I’ve used them for a couple of years and have had no hassles.

Fiat / Chrysler use them for data services in their modern cars.

Worth a look.

https://cellulardata.ubigi.com/data-plans-and-coverage/ubigi-esim-data-plans/?destination=isr&region=&currency=gbp&one-off=on

Ubigi is very good.

Data coverage for Isreal is £11 for 3 GB or £25 for 10 GB. Valid for 30 days. No commitment or contract.

There’s no voice with the service but if to can do VoLTE, your OK. Signal and WhatsApp voice would be no problem.

Installation is wee buns and very intuitive from their app.

I’ve used them for a couple of years and have had no hassles.

Fiat / Chrysler use them for data services in their modern cars.

Worth a look.

https://cellulardata.ubigi.com/data...stination=isr&region=&currency=gbp&one-off=on

That’s expensive !
Airalo in Israel is

1gb for 7 days $5.50
3gb for 30 days $11
5gb for 30 days $13.50
10gb for 30 days $18
20gb for 30 days $22

I’ve used Airalo all over the world and it’s very good. Not sure installation is wee buns though ! :)

That’s expensive !
Airalo in Israel is

1gb for 7 days $5.50
3gb for 30 days $11
5gb for 30 days $13.50
10gb for 30 days $18
20gb for 30 days $22

I’ve used Airalo all over the world and it’s very good. Not sure installation is wee buns though ! :)

Didn’t know about them! Must give them a shot.

Ubigi has a no brainer installation going for it. I found it great in Italy and the UK in terms of coverage. My carrier is a tight arse and only does 3G data while roaming. Ubigi was giving me the full LTE Monty and given I only need it occasionally, it worked out ok for me.

I’m not too worried about actual data usage because I’ll be connecting to the company wireless when I’m on site and relying on the hotel Wi-Fi when in the evening. I think we have to use a taxi to get everywhere in Israel because it’s a medium risk country as far as the company security team are concerned so they say no hire cars meaning no need to use data for navigation or streaming Absolute Radio through Apple Car Play :D

The downside of the company connection on site is that it’s fire walled so no taking in an iPad and streaming Netflix or Prime if we end up with nothing to do for a couple of days.

Back
Top Bottom