Electrical faults

jabiru 400

Had my gs taken away on a low loader today as it would not hold charge, so battery kept going flat.
It was taken to Pidcocks who investigated and told me that the B U S controler was shot and a new one has to come from Germany, which takes 5 working days, as its xmas it will take up to 2 weeks to repair.
I have a hire car coming in the morning
Has anyone else had problems like this

JAB

Touch ma head.. got my 12 on 24/9... done 2700+ miles to-date and not as much as a second press on the button to start it!! :D

Iv'e had my 1200 since March with no problems except a dodgy alarm that fixed itself. I have seen a few others on the list whose Battery has died on them and a dew of these BUS can controllers going T1Ts up. The 1200 is far to technical in my opinion.

Lovely bikes though!!

AndyT;)

Fuel pump CAN bus controller just gone pop on mine:mad:

GSmonkey said:

No doubt your black cab interface didn't help much! if there had been water in there it may well have shorted the circuit when the bike went down!

Not been your week really has it :(

GSmonkey said:
You are one of many on this list that have had the fuel pump fail due to water ingress. Its a design flaw with BMW saying that peole are washing thier bikes incorrectly.....:confused:

I seem to remember Dutchman putting a thread on a prevention method but may be wrong. Try a search on the subject.

AndyT

Just realised that the plastic cap over the CAN bus was missing which probably didn't help much.

Back
Top Bottom