ESA coding

MSH0570

Reaction score
Hi

Have just had a used rear EAS suspension unit fitted to my R1200gs lc, it works but the unit won't talk to the bike.

Apparently, this unit is still coded to the bike it came off.

Does anyone know how to re code the ESA so my bike will recognize it?

Welcome along - perhaps you can introduce yourself when you have a moment.

This is a job for a dealer or GS911 - unfortunately Motoscan doesn't accommodate this.

Thanks for that.

I had the replacement unit fitted at a dealer; they were the ones who told me the ESA would not talk to the bike and I have been back on bended knee to see if there was anything they could do they said as it was not a new BMW supplied unit they could not/would not code it.

I was just wondering if someone knew some dark art that may fix it.

I gather dealers have been instructed not to fit used parts..........but they did, so refusing to calibrate the unit makes no sense. Presumably Ocean??

You may have seen this TMF video - he met the same barrier, so used an indy ................. https://youtu.be/SsJgcL-MA4w

I'm not sure where you are in Cornwall; maybe try Southwest Motorcycles at Penryn, Nr. Falmouth.

Need to find someone with Ista , dealer tool to do it, simple job with the right tools.
Dealer should have done it ,especially as they took on to fit it.

The New Gs-911 will calibrate it

Was Ocean, I think they only agreed to fit it because I got a bit grumpy about having to pay for a new drive shaft in May and now there is a partial recall on them.

I have seen the TMF video, think I will have to find a garage to look at it for me.

Am not far from Falmouth, thanks for the Info.

Was Ocean, I think they only agreed to fit it because I got a bit grumpy about having to pay for a new drive shaft in May and now there is a partial recall on them.

I have seen the TMF video, think I will have to find a garage to look at it for me.

Am not far from Falmouth, thanks for the Info.

Sounds like a plan, unless someone in the SW can volunteer use of their GS911.

Mmm, not so sure they are "coded" to the vehicle.
Nothing required when I fitted TT on mine, just the right suspension selection before removal.

Back
Top Bottom