Exeter to Dartmouth and back via Dartmoor spring 24.

Senslesssquid

Reaction score
Morning Folks, happy New year one and all.
Would anyone be interested in a meet up ride out on the next clear weekend?
Plan is Exeter , teignmouth, Torquay,Dartmouth then back to Exeter via the moor?

Some of the towns mentioned are in the proposal process for 20mph and much of the route on the coast is also 40mph.
Anyways thanks for posting, we'll keep an eye on this thread and maybe join in from Teignmouth so long as we can have an ice cream in Dartmouth by the quay.

To be fair anywhere along the coast in Devon/Dorset/Cornwall is going to be slow(ish) anyway due to their size and poor condition, I go up on Dartmoor fairly often and again with poor road condition, overgrown verges, hedges etc restricting forward vision and the increase in Kamikaze livestock on the moor 40mph is enough in many parts of the moor.
I am fortunate that I can go out out during the week which outside of the school holidays is much quieter.

Al.

Last edited:
I ride mostly for the views and to be able to reach little places I'd never find exploring in a car. I like seeing what's over walls, going down the odd rough fire track. The GS is perfect for what I am looking for. If I want a thrilling ride there are at lot of cheap thrills out there. Pace with comfort thank you very much.

Some of the towns mentioned are in the proposal process for 20mph and much of the route on the coast is also 40mph.
Anyways thanks for posting, we'll keep an eye on this thread and maybe join in from Teignmouth so long as we can have an ice cream in Dartmouth by the quay.
Do you still have a GS?

I'm happy to do a camping trip to Dartmoor area Princetown maybe for a few days for ride outs when the weather warms and dries up a bit

The Plume of Feathers in Princetown is open for camping again, it has toilets and showers, pub is open for alcohol & hot drinks but not food as yet, there is another campsite just outside Tavistock as well.

Al.

I'm happy to do a camping trip to Dartmoor area Princetown maybe for a few days for ride outs when the weather warms and dries up a bit
Sounds good mate, it would be good to get a firepit going again.

The Plume of Feathers in Princetown is open for camping again, it has toilets and showers, pub is open for alcohol & hot drinks but not food as yet, there is another campsite just outside Tavistock as well.

Al.
I visited the Plume of Feathers last year in the week they had just re-opened and I managed to negotiate the price from £15 to £10 per night and glad that I did everything very basic and very little level ground if any and an annoying lock on the toilet entry
Also there were lots of annoying noisy sport bikes speeding around late at night in a National Park !
but a great base to ride out from
I went to a farm site in Exmoor a month later @£10 per night fantastic showers a free to use washing machine and fridge freezer and a tumble drier you needed to understandably pay for . level ground and a handy mains power point to charge phones etc

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom