EXMOOOR - GSers NIVANA

retroman

Well-known member
UKGSer Subscriber
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
2,663
Reaction score
510
Location
Cardiff ex-pat now escaped to Penzance
Neale and I have just spent a fantastic day hooning around the deserted B-roads and byways across Exmoor - freakin' FANTASTIC!!

Flat-out moorland roads combined with technically demanding hairpin bends on miniscule lanes thru forests - and even the odd Ford - what more do you want???

Britain's best kept biking secret - but don't attempt it on anything other than a GS!

Quote of the day from the old girl at the Porlock toll road: 'sounds like you boys are having fun!'

Correct ... Cheddar Gorge on the way south ...
 

Attachments

  • 1280604.jpg
    1280604.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 234
There are a bunch of us in the Mendips who are always up for a ride across to Exmoor if you go again.

Mike
 
done a base jump just round the corner .
 

Attachments

  • 1280604.jpg
    1280604.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 115
I rode a pushbike down that hill when I was touring the area a few years ago. Fecking funny it was, as i was chasing one of them open top buses at the time, and it wasn't going fast enuf. Right spoiled me line, it did. Try getting yer knee down when yer tyre is only 10mm wide!!:D :D

FB
 
Flying banana said:
Try getting yer knee down when yer tyre is only 10mm wide!!:D :D

I should have thought it was quite easy.

The problem, surely, is preventing getting the arse, elbow, shoulder and head down immediately after...
 
Oh yes, been there done that!!!:D Isn't amazing, ew wont go out on a motorbike without three layers of armour, leather clothing thats at least 3 inches thick, still only travel around town at no more than 40mph, 'cos of the congestion, but some of us are willing to charge down a hill on a bicycle with nothing more than a layer of the thickest lycra on, without thinking about it!! I must be unhinged, methinks. Mind you, I always wear gloves. Like that make a difference, as I have found to my cost over the years.

FB
 


Back
Top Bottom