Fastway Foot Pegs Fitted

Deleted account W

Just fitted the Fastway footpegs from Nippy Normans.

The spring needed bending a bit to get it to go over the bracket the peg sits in. I notice from Dutchmans pics of his pegs fitted they show the bracket to be thinner on the 1200.

I've had a quick ride and they feel a lot better than the stock pegs. They're fitted in the low position and it puts the brake lever level with the peg, I always thought it was too low before.

13116297-L.jpg

13116298-L.jpg

13116299-L.jpg

13116300-L.jpg

13116301-L.jpg

Bling

very nice Mr Whatton.

Will you be getting a brake pedal extender or do you find it OK as it is?

I've never had a problem with the size of the brake pedal and it feels fine with these new pegs.

Your right though, very Bling :)

The footpegs go on easily and you dont need to do anything else.

DIrty looking side stand.:D

Whatton said:
Comes from parking in dirty pub car parks.

Festive greetings Spanish Bob :beerjug:

Same to you sir!

Toasting you with a nice glass of Cune (rioja) as I post.

:D :beerjug:

Whatton,

The Fastway kit comes with a selection of some small shims of different thickness's that fit under the M8 (or maybe M6?) bolt.

Now I cannot quite get my head around why you need these shims, as surely you can do any fine adjustments by undoing or tightening the M8 bolt (M6) up and then securing it with the lock nut?

Or am I looking to deep at it? :confused:

BTBR

Bin the shims

Yeah I agree... all that messing about with shims seems a bit un-necessary. I just fitted a lock nut on the bolt as BTBR suggests, and it worked perfectly.

I've just put mine on (last night) in the low position, and while they do feel VERY comfortable in that position... they're a lot lower than the standard pegs now, and I feel may be touching down a lot perhaps? (though not in this weather!)Have to wait and see.

They will be brill for doing a lot of standing riding when in Morocco, and they look brill! Have also fitted protaper bars, as the standards gave me real shoulder trouble, so all in all, am expecting a much more relaxed riding position.

Will

Would they fit to 2V frame also? Original pegs in air- and oilheads seems to be quite same.

Antti said:
Would they fit to 2V frame also? Original pegs in air- and oilheads seems to be quite same.

the pegs that came off my 1150 look the same as those fitted to my PD.

pity you have to bend the springs on the fastways to make them fit. quite well engineered otherwise.

Antti said:
Yup, they do fit my R80G/S.

20585905-M.jpg

They are tilted backward a wee bit, but they fit fine.

20585906-M.jpg

Cheers,
Michel

Back
Top Bottom