Footpeg C clips recall

peej1977

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I had assume given BMW knew about this a while ago, the new 1300 would have had the correct/proper clips fitted from new, but according to my dealer when it goes in for it's first service, it'll need that doing too......

Just thought I'd mention. I did question why they didn't do this before delivering me the bike but apparently this "campaign" has only just come up on the system for my bike.

I had assume given BMW knew about this a while ago, the new 1300 would have had the correct/proper clips fitted from new, but according to my dealer when it goes in for it's first service, it'll need that doing too......

Just thought I'd mention. I did question why they didn't do this before delivering me the bike but apparently this "campaign" has only just come up on the system for my bike.
If they made changes during the production of the bikes it would disrupt the efficient flow of the production process and deliveries to the customers would be delayed :)

If they made changes during the production of the bikes it would disrupt the efficient flow of the production process and deliveries to the customers would be delayed :)
The reason I was so surprised is they've known about this for years, so I was expecting the 1300 would have gone into production already with this "fix"

The reason I was so surprised is they've known about this for years, so I was expecting the 1300 would have gone into production already with this "fix"
I reported this to my dealer more than a year ago. It takes them a long time to do their own investigations - they do not believe customers.

Back
Top Bottom