Garmin 595 help

Zoton

15mg and rising
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I can't reset / un register the 595lm so I can sell it , ive downloaded Garmin express and connected to the Mac book but won't let me discover the unit when searching.
I have bought a new cable direct from Garmin, it's charging the unit. it's also connected to the Mac book adapter to take the cable.
it was previously on a HP pavilion but that's gone.
Any ideas
Cheers in advance

Don't you just need to factory restore which is in the device settings??

there is nothing in the user manual about unregistering

Though you can go to your Garmin account (via web browser) and remove devices from your Garmin profile/products?

Don't you just need to factory restore which is in the device settings??

there is nothing in the user manual about unregistering

Though you can go to your Garmin account (via web browser) and remove devices from your Garmin profile/products?
trying that thought you had to de register it as it has lifetime maps. Spoke to Garmin, no help t all.
Anyway, found it on de register and delete files page. What a faf. Still didn't see the unit though.

I don't think the device cares who it is registered to for mapping updates. The registration is more to do with the warranty. The Lifetime Maps licence is hard coded to the device. When I have connected my Zumo 390 to new laptops I have not had to log into my Garmin account to update maps in Garmin Express. In fact, I have not logged into my Garmin account since registering the 390 for warranty purposes.

Back
Top Bottom