gel cleaner

suzukipeter

hello all out there , anyone used this cleaner, used it on my wheels and has marked them, how do you get the markes off?

thanks peter:beerjug:

Attachments

• gel cleaner.jpg
    gel cleaner.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 217
suzukipeter said:
hello all out there , anyone used this cleaner, used it on my wheels and has marked them, how do you get the markes off?

thanks peter:beerjug:

Autosolvo ;) on your 1100

Unfortunately, if it has turned the anodised rims 'milky', there is not a lot you can do with them. Polishing only has a limited effect - DAMHIK!!! :(

Funny you should be using the Hein Gerike gel stuff - I bought some last Thursday and the salesman said there was no warning about not using it on anodised finishes. Tried it on a mate's Fireblade - it turned his black engine covers a dull grey; I am reluctant to spray the stuff over the GS now!!!

Anybody else used it?

Anybody wanna buy an almost full gallon of the stuff, cheap???

got most of it off with solvol, wont be using it again, think i will take it back! see what they have to say!

peter:beerjug:

littleredrooster said:
Tried it on a mate's Fireblade - it turned his black engine covers a dull grey; I am reluctant to spray the stuff over the GS now!!!

I bet your mate was very grateful to you for cleaning his bike for him........

Mick

:D :beerjug:

I had a similar problem with a different product and good old WD40 worked wonders. Spray it on and let it soak a while then rub it off in a small circular motion - my wheels are no worse for the experience.

Back
Top Bottom