Givi Back Box mounting plate adjustment?

NeilF

Reaction score
officially THE best place to live . . . . Wokingha
Got a 50 litre Givi back box, and just fitted a backrest for SWMBO. As we're both "large" we seem to have lost an inch or so of pillion room. An inch makes all the difference. (Feck Off - no comments about size and weight, thank you!).

Question: Is the mounting plate that the top box attaches to movable? Could I move it back an inch or two?

Cheers,

Neil.

In a word....No!

From memory its fixed where the grab rail used to fit and so theres no room to move it back. If you look at it from the side and see the over hang you will have with a Maxima box you will not want to move it back anyway or it will put to much strain on the alloy rack........

Have a word with Dr Atkins.......;)

Have Fun

AndyT:cool:

I fitted a corbin seat with my givi topbox. I had to move the plastic gice plate back "1 set of diamond shaped holes" = seems to work. (Lift the plastic cover on the givi rack (4 bloody small screws) - enderneath are the bolts that fix the plastic givi plate in place - obvious how to move it then.
Carl

NeilF said:
Got a 50 litre Givi back box, and just fitted a backrest for SWMBO. As we're both "large" we seem to have lost an inch or so of pillion room. An inch makes all the difference. (Feck Off - no comments about size and weight, thank you!).

Question: Is the mounting plate that the top box attaches to movable? Could I move it back an inch or two?

Cheers,

Neil.

Dammit...I'm in big trouble then....i've got a 52l givi and we're both extra large!

If you happen to find a solution Neil I'd appreciate knowing about it mate!

:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom