Givi Monokey v BMW topcase

boboneleg

Hi,

I have a Givi monokey top case that I use on my Africa Twin and I was thinking of using it on my '06 Dakar.

My concern is maintaining access the rear cubby hole and seat lock. Givi do a plate specific for the GS/Dakar but from the pics on their website it is unclear wether it would stop you getting into said cubby hole without removing the plate.

Does anyone here use the Givi system?

The alternative would be to get the BMW topcase, how does this mount to the bike? does it just sit on the existing rack? if so then that might be a better alternative even though it will mean storing two top cases :blast

any thoughts? cheers, Bob.

I use a Givi top box on my 650GS.You cannot easily access the key hole when the Give plate is in position.I keep an allen key in the top box (in the document compartment) to make removal easy.It is quite easy and only takes about a minute when you get used to it.

thanks for the answers guys.

Anyone use the BMW topcase, Just wanted to know if it fixes straight to the existing rack.

cheers, Bob.

I use the "Boiled Sweet", or BMW top-case.

The rear of the Twin Spark GS, requires just a couple of plastic inserts for the box to locate on. Less than a fiver as separate parts from dealer.

The 2000-04 model requires an ugly black plate fitted, & the cubby hole lid replaced with a black plastic cover with lock.

The box itself is made by Shad, & they nearly all leak like sieves.:nenau
Mine has strategically place hole drilled in the bottom to let the water out! If it hadn't been £20 off fleabay, I wouldn't have bothered.

I use the "Boiled Sweet", or BMW top-case.

The rear of the Twin Spark GS, requires just a couple of plastic inserts for the box to locate on. Less than a fiver as separate parts from dealer.

The 2000-04 model requires an ugly black plate fitted, & the cubby hole lid replaced with a black plastic cover with lock.

The box itself is made by Shad, & they nearly all leak like sieves.:nenau
Mine has strategically place hole drilled in the bottom to let the water out! If it hadn't been £20 off fleabay, I wouldn't have bothered.

cheers Wilbur, I think I'll go the givi route. My box has never leaked :thumb

Back
Top Bottom