Goodwood

Hut van

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi guys, looking for a bit of advice on accommodation near Goodwood.
A mate and I are travelling down from Fife in a van to the mid April meeting at Goodwood, we could camp,stay in a b&b /Airbnb or hotel.
Any recommendations appreciated.
Cheers

A mate and I are travelling down from Fife in a van to the mid April meeting at Goodwood, we could camp,stay in a b&b /Airbnb or hotel.
Cheers

Would that be the members meeting ??

Loads of accomodation / hotels etc in the vicinity - Premier inn's etc (Chichester, Bognor, Littlhampton) just book early

Yeah that’s it, we’re meeting my mates brother who has sourced the tickets. I never been to Goodwood but really looking forward to it. Cheers for the advice regarding booking early.

You will enjoy the event. my tip would be to stay the Sunday night to see the racing right into late afternoon and get a fresh start riding up the road Monday morning in the daylight. We use air bnb.

Yeah that’s it, we’re meeting my mates brother who has sourced the tickets. I never been to Goodwood but really looking forward to it. Cheers for the advice regarding booking early.

Deep pockets ;) .. food and drink at GWD events can be expensive ;)

Deep pockets ;) .. food and drink at GWD events can be expensive ;)

Agreed Santa , and during our 2019 visit the quality was decidedly iffy. £9 for a Cornish pastie that doesnt even rival Greggs is extracting the urine. We are going to the FOS in July and are taking enough food to cover the four days

Cheers

Selsey Arms. West dean ,just over the hill from the circuit.

Events at Goodwood draw big crowds, often with people rebooking their hotel a year in advance.

Don’t hang about. There might be ‘loads of hotels’ but they do get booked up. We have already booked ours for the Members Meeting, the booking made last year.

Thanks for all the reply’s guys, better get my finger out and start looking.

Events at Goodwood draw big crowds, often with people rebooking their hotel a year in advance.

Don’t hang about. There might be ‘loads of hotels’ but they do get booked up. We have already booked ours for the Members Meeting, the booking made last year.

I have family in Havant and use a hotel when visiting. I avoid going at any time when there is a motoring or horse event at Goodwood. The hotels do like to price gouge for those events.

The Bear Hotel in Havant itself is okay. A little tired around the edges but has parking. Most of the time, I use one of the Travelodges or Premier Inns when they have rooms for £40, but no chance of that price on a Goodwood weekend.

Back
Top Bottom