GPS Bracket

Elvin

:confused: Hi guys,
Bought the BMW from SPC. Two things really bothering me.
1. When I try to put in a route, it seems to deviate from the route and give me a route via 2 way pionts in some obscure direction. Why????

2. Mike O, I think I met you at Omaha Cemetry in Sept. I was on a black Adv and my mate was on a Silver Adv. You had a bracket for your GPS which seemed to raise it off the handlebars. Where did you aquire it??

This thing is spoiling my m/c pleasure instead of enhancing it!!!!!!

Elvin said:
Mike O, I think I met you at Omaha Cemetry in Sept. I was on a black Adv and my mate was on a Silver Adv. You had a bracket for your GPS which seemed to raise it off the handlebars. Where did you aquire it??

Hi Elvin, glad you found your way here! The mount I use is a RAM Mount, with a Touratech mount bolted to the top - a combination which you can get here (the German site - there's a link to the UK dealer).

Mike:)

Attachments

• 017_15-40.jpg
    017_15-40.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 212
Hey Mike,

I've been on the Touratech site. Which Ram Mount and bracket is it??? There are several.:hammer

Elvin,

you're probably best off talking to Nick Plumb at the UK TT shop in Wales 01792 816660. The RAM mount I've got is a U-bolt handlebar mount, a 3 1/2" arm and a plate to which the TT mount fits - if you ask Nick, he'll know what you mean. Alternatively, you could try just fitting the TT mount on your crossbar - that's what I did before I fitted the Pro-Tapers (which have no crossbar)....

Mike:)

Don't forget to obtain a second mortgage for your purchase from TT and insist they charge you excessive amounts of post and packing.
Yes-I am STILL sore from my spanking!

:) Thanks for that Mike, when you are mail ordering you want to make sure you are getting the right thing or it just ends up as hassle and money to pack it back to them.

When I was on the site last night I saw the 'univeral' RAM with the U bolt connection and ball joint with stem which looked as if it came up to a backing plate that could be screwed directly unto the existing cradle. Then further down the page is another which looks identical, but complete with what appears to be a new cradle, the first is £36 and the latter is £43.

Bracket problem well sorted!!!

Touratech RAM arrived today....it's the dog's tool, excellent piece of kit.

Thanks for all the help guys....cheers.:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom