GPX - Ride (Motorrad magazine) ‘Alps Extreme’

Wapping

Reaction score
The German Motorrad magazine publishes a very good quarterly magazine. which I subscribe to. One of the issues was dedicated to the Alps or (more particularly) to a series of separate but contiguous routes, stretching from the Mediterranean to the Dolomites, right through to Austria and Slovenia.

IMG_2558.jpeg

IMG_2559.jpeg

I have downloaded the routes into my MyRoute account and will share them here later. The routes stand individually, or can be joined up into a very long single jaunt.

Last edited:
Wow! That would be a cracker if only I had 4-5 weeks to spare. Still doable a section at the time, over a number of years.

Randamaratona :D

These are very nice routes. Couple of summers ago I was supposed to the the ones on the eastern side (Slovenia) but we rerouted.

If not an objection from Wapping, here is direct link to the relevant web page, where you can view and download maps in higher resolution format.
I have discovered that one can read the Motorrad magazine web page using Mac/iPad OS Safari “Page Translate” feature with just a simple few taps of the finger or clicks of the mouse pointer.

Last edited:
What use is that, you need a waypoint for each fuel / coffee / lunch / hotel stop. Full details of the Hotels and the level of bke security they provide for the suspicious british biker, where yo can get some oil to top up - and what grade, and the full details on the tyres that should be used for the trip.

Back
Top Bottom