GS PRICES IN EUROPE

Tranman

Can any of you wise GS folk (damn, that's restricted my audience) point me in the direction of any dealer websites flogging new and used GS's in Europe (R1100's and R1150's). I'm particularly interested in Hungary, Austria and Germany.

Many thanks.

Dicky

If you're thinking of buying a new one, have a look at the Denmark dealers. All you have to do is remove Danish tax, and add British tax. Cheap. (ok, que people who know all the ins and outs of the job, it all looked pretty simple to me)

GS PRICES EUROPE

Gauloises,

Vielen dank! Suchen und sie werden finden!! (Seek and you will find, or something).
I owe you 20 Hail Mary's, a couple of Our Fathers and something out of the chalice in lieu of a contribution to the collection box.

Dicky

Vern said:
If you're thinking of buying a new one, have a look at the Denmark dealers. All you have to do is remove Danish tax, and add British tax. Cheap. (ok, que people who know all the ins and outs of the job, it all looked pretty simple to me)

Vern

you dont know of a website like mobile for Denmark do you?

bob

My colleague and riding pal imports his cars from Denmark and saves an awful lot of money. He must be on his 6th or 7th car nowand he usually saves about £6-8K on a BMW330 diesel. I asked him to get me prices for a motorcycle and there just isn't the savings to make it worthwhile. He advises anyone who does import to keep a close eye on the exchange rate as this can have a big impact on your savings.

have fun

AndyT:cool:

When I was looking, I just typed BMW.DK which seemed to do the trick. The best price I came up with was £5500 all in for a loaded bike. They pay massive tax over there, and most dealers are there because the others are and no one wants to quit. I think an 1150 was about £18000 or something last time I looked.

Just picked up my new adventure last Tuesday. I'm in France.

Prices finally seem to come in exactly as they are in the UK, so nothing special here. I paid 14500 euros with ABS and a top box.

Good luck

Vern said:
When I was looking, I just typed BMW.DK which seemed to do the trick. The best price I came up with was £5500 all in for a loaded bike. They pay massive tax over there, and most dealers are there because the others are and no one wants to quit. I think an 1150 was about £18000 or something last time I looked.

Vern
How did you get to a price £5500 ? Is this the new list price less all taxes or is this for a second hand machine ?
It sounds like Ireland ,Belgium and France come in at about the same price but Denmark - if £5500 new (ex Tax) is correct is a bargain....and just up the road for me :D

Oh yeah - new 1150 GS basic is DKK 198,000 = Euro 26,647 = £ 18,907 :yikes :yikes :yikes as per BMW Copenhagen website today

Now take all the dk taxes off, and add uk taxes and see what you end up with. I'll have a dig about and see if I can find the paperwork for dk taxes ('kin horrendeous)

Dear All,

We seem to be busting a gut discussing prices in Denmark (not a country renowned for it's twisties and mountainous peaks, but hey, give me a rollmop any old day of the week!). Demnark wasn't among the countries in the original post but I'm appreciative of the feedback.

The German sites were interesting. It would appear that those krafty krauts have got there European pricing policies about right. Well, ever since the Euro took a nose-dive.

Many thanks all,

Dicky

"Every day is a winding road, etc, etc"

Hungary? My only eastern-European connection is with the Czech Repulbic (I worked there for a year) and the local "western" car and bike dealers charged the same for their wares as they did in Blighty.

Given that the average weekly wage was about an 8th of that in the UK (beer was only 25p a 500ml bottle), none of my colleagues could afford to even ride the imported and quite rare.... MZ ETZ250 that came from Turkey rather than Zschopau!

As far as I am aware things haven't changed much, but the salaries have risen to about 5th UK level.....

Or try......

http://www.bmw.hu/index.php?/Magyar/www/Termekek/Motorkerekparok

This is the official Hungarian BMW site. I don't speak Magyar, but it is a corporate style like the UK site... choosing 650 Dakar seems to work but I got a blank screen when doing 1150GS!

On the Czech site the ordinary 1150 GS is 382 100,- Kè roughly £7960.41 at the current exchange rate (or as it was in May 2003)

I bought mine last June in Germany via the BMW.DE website..., I found her brand new in the "used" section of the website.
Seems to me that a lot of german dealers use to "post" their new bikes in that section, sometimes even with postponed availability.

Anyway I paid mine ADV - Twin Spark - Big tank - Heated grips - ABS: 13.440,00 €uros.

"Well, ever since the Euro took a nose-dive."

Surely you mean the pound took a nosedive....I know cos we're going to sell our house in the UK, and I look at the Euro/Pound rates....boo hoo. I noticed an ad in one of the papers here which had GS Adventures for 20% off!! I think it was in Marseilles or Toulon. I'll have a dig around....It's Friday after all, no point in starting too much work now.

:(

Back
Top Bottom