GSA alu case lock removal

too loud man

Reaction score
I ve searched and cant find a definitive answer to this question,

how do I remove lock barrels from the Adventure alluminium panniers/top case?

Ta very much

I'm told it isn't easy. You ideally need something with a right angle on it to use to push the lug in that holds the lock in place, cos it's buried and not easily accessible.

I haven't done this, but that was the advice I got from SPC parts dept.

I'm going to be removing my locks to key code them, so if you find a way that works before I do, let me know :D

The locks sit in the ally cases differently, but the tool in this pic is probably whats needed;

2959745.DSC00232.jpg

Thanks chaps, gave it a try, more fiddly than coach load of violinists.

See those Rizla papers right, thats the thickiness of my patience that is.

Hussar!!

I did it, :clap

Turn the case upside down on your bench, use a small mirror to see the lock internals and a 90 deg bent 1" nail to depress the retaining wafer.

This took about 10mins for the first one and 3 mins for the second. What spurred my on was the quote from the dealer saying they are really difficult to remove and they would have to allow for an hours labour :yikes

Re: Hussar!!

too loud man said:
I did it, :clap
-/-
the dealer saying they are really difficult to remove and they would have to allow for an hours labour :yikes

kin 'ell!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice one matey. A challenge for the bank holiday for me :thumb

In answer to your question Loud,
How do I remove lock barrels from the Adventure alluminium panniers/ top case? Here's a definate answer.

About 1/8 of an ounze of P.E (Plastic Explosive) should do it m8. :rolleyes:
I'll get my coat.

I'm a walking storeroom of facts..... I've just lost the key to the storeroom door. :D

Arhhh Yessh. c ya. :thumb

Back
Top Bottom