GSA FOR ME OR NOT

Neil Mcnaught

Hi Folks,
I currently own a GS1150 and want to change for GSA, iam 5' 10"
will this be a problem as the GSa is abit higher.

Any little lads out and about with a GSA.
Thanks

Well Kevin Sanders is 5ft 8" and he's been round the world and from Alaska to the tip of Argentina with his missus on an ADV so i think you'll be OK, the ADV seat is a bit narrower so you can still get your feet down.

Jimb said:
Well Kevin Sanders is 5ft 8" and he's been round the world and from Alaska to the tip of Argentina with his missus on an ADV so i think you'll be OK, the ADV seat is a bit narrower so you can still get your feet down.
Point taken
Thanks Jimb.

I'm just nearly 5' 11'' with inside leg 33'' and I still find it difficult to touch the floor on my GSA although I have not let that stop my enjoyment.

Suggest a good test ride to take into account the type of conditions you expect to use it in. Long journeys may not be a problem but many stops and starts could pose problems especially with adverse cambers.

The height is also dependant upon your type of clothing. Normal trousers and shoes and I can reach the floor (just) but with thick trousers and inflexible boots I tend to balance from tip toe to tip toe.

There is also the availability of a smaller seat although pride prevents me from buying one at the moment!

Enjoy:D

32in leg here, no problems, but i found changing from race boots to MX style boots gave a lot more support to my toes and ankles

schnauzer said:
32in leg here, no problems, but i found changing from race boots to MX style boots gave a lot more support to my toes and ankles

Thanks for the info do you think much difference in GS to GSA
when at a stand still, and what about the wife on the back.

Is it me, cos i'm 32 leg and can only tiptoe a GSA. My bruv has one with Standard GS ohlins on plus a lowered OEM seat and that is ok with the balls of my feet safely on the ground. Just out of interest we measured the difference and its over 2" higher on the GSA, so how you 32" leg chaps find it fine mystifys me.

GSA

I didn't spec my GSA it came with the low seat option-and at 5'10" and 32" inside leg I'm glad it did :eek:
I can reach the floor from a standard Adventure seat but I'm far more comfortable with the low seat,even on the low seat "reverse paddling" into a parking spot whilst sat on the bike is a struggle-just my 2 pennorth:rolleyes:

Train hard.............Fight easy.

"This chance will stand before you only once."

<iframe frameborder="1" height="970" scrolling="auto" src="http://www.wengl.tomsk.ru/Standart.plus.eng.html" width="870"></iframe>

when i said it was fine I did'nt mean I could get the balls of my feet down on both sides, just that on a combination of both tiptoes or one whole foot down its entirely manageable... and worth the effort for such a great bit of kit....

Madmountainman said:
I wish my GS Adv had a 1M seat height instead of that lowly 900mm.:D

Bought it but had to go for lower seat i was on tip toes, unless purchased a pair of the old blockaboots.

Go for the ADV

I'm only 6'3" but I manage OK....Maybe the answer is to drink loads of beer, pile on the weight, and load up those springs...works for me :beer:

Re: Go for the ADV

franco said:
I'm only 6'3" but I manage OK....Maybe the answer is to drink loads of beer, pile on the weight, and load up those springs...works for me :beer:

blimey thats what I was going to say:cool:

GSA for me or not

i would say go for it, i,me only 5'10" with an inside leg of just 30" and find it managable with low seat option and rear suspension on low. just think before you park about your exit options, as this is the only time i find it a bit of a handful. once you have luggage and the wife on board its a pussycat to handle as the ride height goes right down even when you pump the rear suspension up, and no the wife is not an all in wrestler!. This subject worried me before i took the plunge but have never regretted going for it and the bike is the dogs b******s have never had so much fun!!.

I'm 5' 10" With a 30" inside leg

With the lower saddle I can get the balls of my feet down on both sides...............that's with the suspension towards the highest/hardest position ('cause I'm a fat barsteward)!

Definately worth going for a :GSA..............especially the fastest Silver ones :thumb !

Re: Re: Re: Go for the ADV

richie said:
Is there something going on between you two or what?????

Dirty weekends away to Orange for example, you are giving us the wrong idea....

Ha ha, wouldn't you like to know...he was a bit upset when I said I'd "shipped you a pipe".....:p Any time you fancy a trip down to Orange for a threesome, you'd be more than welcome, eh Bob?

Back
Top Bottom