Half price Jetboil

Don’t keep buying the small gas cylinders. They’re blooming expensive. Buy the bigger cheaper ones and refill the smaller ones with one of these. :thumb2
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/39439768...G5CFvtwT-G&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

This is the one I got. I’m pretty sure it came with a couple of spare rubber seals?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/15550172...G5CFvtwT-G&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

If the gas can is only half empty make sure you vent some of the pressure out of it before filling it up again. Otherwise it won’t fill.
Another tip is to accurately weigh a FULL brand new small gas tin so when it comes to refilling it you know exactly how much to put in. If you overfill them they have a big flare up when you first light them and can possibly take your eyelashes off. :D Or melt your tent if you’re cooking in the vestibule. :blast

Are any other gas canisters okay to use with Jetboil or just their own brand?
I could bulk buy on Amazon of course like Wapping, but I won't buy anything off Amazon hence my question.

Wapping has already posted that you need EN417 gas canisters and it’s worth remembering that propane and butane have different properties and are both readily available. Choose propane if it’s going to get below freezing and your stove is left in the porch of your tent and butane if you’re going to leave the stove and cylinder out in the sun.

The 100g fuel canister will pack inside of any Jetboil model Personal Cooking System. The 230g and 450g canisters will pack inside any of the Sumo Companion cups and the Sumo systems….

knimjgyh

I’ve been using mine for two days, never had a cup of coffee made so quickly before.

Attachments

• IMG_2235.jpg
    IMG_2235.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 100
I’ve been using mine for two days, never had a cup of coffee made so quickly before.

Then you clearly have never used an MSR Reactor stove, which also makes a silent cup of tea.

I have, at last, caught up with mine, which has been sitting at my mother’s.

Thanks again, Andy, for the tip-off.

Then you clearly have never used an MSR Reactor stove, which also makes a silent cup of tea.

It would seem that MSR now ask 265 coins of the realm for this stove, which is a bit daft really.

I put my name down, and got one of the first Jetboils in the country in 2008, for the full RRP of £80.
About 3 years later (I was going through my udders phase) I got the Reactor.
I clearly remember the 1 litre pot version being £95, and the 1.5 litre £105.

Strange how you can have 2 American companies competing in the Same sector, heading in different directions price wise?

The Reactor is better, pretty much windproof, and runs on full power on a near empty fuel cannister, even in freezing conditions.
However, that radiant burner can be a bugger to light, and it has no Piezo igniter.

I'm off to Scotland after Charlie's bash, and given the price of the MSR, and my tendency to leave stuff lying around, I think I might dig the Jetboil out of retirement.

I haven’t used mine yet but as long as my present job doesn’t fall badly behind I’ll be away to Strontian the weekend after I return and it’ll be tried out up there.

Anyway, a couple of you picked up a bargain and that’s always a good thing :thumb2

OEX do a good version too now. Only just been released and can get them at Go Outdoors.
https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/16575985/oex-heiro-solo-stove-set-16575985

Cracking price too. :thumb2
No gas tin or gas canister stand though.

You can get the canister stand for a few quid:

https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/15908523/oex-gas-canister-stabilising-stand-15908523

My OEX stove and Jetboil run off the same fuel, and conveniently the stove, tripod and a gas canister fit inside my cooking pan set. I use the jetboil for what it's good at and save cooking anything else for the OEX stove and pan.

Got my new Jetboil yesterday, £86 delivered.
Not fired her up yet, but with a power cut due tomorrow, we may awake to a blackout situation?
A bit more glitzy than my first gen, and the burner has a pepperpot type flame spreader instead of the wire gauze type affair on my old one. These were known to burn out, so a positive move.
I prefer the wire foldaway flame control over the old black knob that could be a tricky bastard with sausage greased fingers.
Cannister support supplied which was a very welcome surprise.

All in all, lighter and flimsier than the original, but the price remains the same.

Back
Top Bottom