Hall Sensors...?

Dragon Master

Reaction score
If it's a 360 degree engine, using a 'wasted' spark, why are there two hall sensors, 180 degrees apart?:confused::confused:
Just curious...

Does the crank have two 'triggers', 180 degrees apart, so both sensors fire at the same time, one for each plug?

Cheers,

Dave.

If it's a 360 degree engine, using a 'wasted' spark, why are there two hall sensors, 180 degrees apart?:confused::confused:
Just curious...

Does the crank have two 'triggers', 180 degrees apart, so both sensors fire at the same time, one for each plug?

Cheers,

Dave.

AFAIK

Only one 'trigger' which is on the pulley ...

Is the other sensor sumat to do with the injector pulse :nenau

Is the other sensor sumat to do with the injector pulse

Can't see that; while the plugs can both fire at the same time, each injector would need its own pulse, timed with the induction stroke of the relevant cylinder. Might be wrong though...

Dave.

as far as i know

both pots do not fire on the same stroke, i think when one is firing the other is exhausting or compressing or something like that.

I think the injectors click every rev.
Two sensors needed for accurate rpm speed measurement, and one is for the timing.

both pots do not fire on the same stroke, i think when one is firing the other is exhausting or compressing or something like that.

Yep, when one pot is firing at top of compression stroke, the other is at the top of the exhaust stroke, but both plugs fire at the same time, the one in the exhaust pot being the 'wasted' spark.

Can't see that; while the plugs can both fire at the same time, each injector would need its own pulse, timed with the induction stroke of the relevant cylinder. Might be wrong though...
Talking to a mechanic mate last night, and it seems I was wrong; apparently both injectors do fire at the same time. Maybe I should just keep me gob shut! :blast:D

Two sensors needed for accurate rpm speed measurement, and one is for the timing.
Matey pointed that out as well.

Cheers for the replies,

Dave.

Back
Top Bottom