Headlight protectors ???

rocks

Reaction score
Where does one get their hands on a lamp protector, that is shown in the firt piccy of the threat below?

I am also looking for a second hand luggage extention plate.. for the rear.. but dont really fancy coughing up £40+ for an ali plate with pre drill holes..

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2116&perpage=16&pagenumber=1

And finally, which ones do people recommend? I know there are lots of designs for the headlight protectors, i like the look of the ones in the link, but which are the most effective and would people recommend?

Cheers..

rocks..

rocks said:
Where does one get their hands on a lamp protector, that is shown in the firt piccy of the threat below?

I think that's the genuine BMW one, from the GSA. Fine for stopping pigeons, rabbits etc, but not much good at stopping the small stones off the road that break your lights.

Fud..

Hmm i guess the spacing is a bit big.. trust the original part too look nice.. and probably cost a fortune.!

I have the TT catalogue, do anyone else do them?

I am intended to comute on the bike and so, will likly get some stone strikes.

John

That cattle grid is about £160 :yikes and as Steve says it will do nothing to stop your headlight being damaged. Anything it is designed to catch would more than likely rip the entire fairing/beak off your bike or you!!

If you want the most effective means of stopping stones damaging your lights then the stick on ones from Ventura and Pyramid Plastics are the way to go.

I have the perspex Touratech one which reflects light back at the rider so it lives in a box in the garage - doing nothing for headlight protection but nearly as much as the one you are hankering after :(

This is what I did to my perspex cover to make it usable at night.. it works fine now with no glare.

Attachments

• headlamp..jpg
    headlamp..jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 489
and another view..

Attachments

• headlamp.jpg
    headlamp.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 486
How did you..

How did you shorten the bolts? Did you replace them.
Is the black stem a tube you can cut back or not?
I have not had a good look at them, on a bike.

But it looks like a good move.

Cheers

headlamp protector

this one is an airflow. cost around £35. comes with industrial velcro but best to drill, phone or pm if you need further info. nick. 01869 346186.

Attachments

• frontlightsemail.jpg
    frontlightsemail.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 453
Rocks..

I replaced the bolts simply because I had some the correct lenght, and the stems are very easily cut.. ;)

Touratech For Me...

Dead easy to fit, and small enough to stop the little sods that cause the damage, I've actually seen one bounce away so it's paid for itself already:beerjug:

Attachments

• 2 of the best.jpg
    2 of the best.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 380
Ive got the TTEch one - looks good and seesm to work so far

The BMW one also pulls off in you hand (press stud thingies) so not good depending on where you park the beast

bob

Spanish Bob said:

The BMW one also pulls off in you hand (press stud thingies) so not good depending on where you park the beast

bob
A ha ;)

attachment.php

effective bollox
looks cool though :cool:
better than the chip fryer effort :p

rocks said:

I am also looking for a second hand luggage extention plate.. for the rear.. but dont really fancy coughing up £40+ for an ali plate with pre drill holes..

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2116&perpage=16&pagenumber=1

And finally, which ones do people recommend? I know there are lots of designs for the headlight protectors, i like the look of the ones in the link, but which are the most effective and would people recommend?

Cheers..

rocks..
Touratech!!!!!:cool:

Ventura,

Easy to clean headlight glass too (Velcro Pads)...........and they stop the little B@@ers that cause the damage..........

CC

:cool:

Attachments

• full frontal 007 small.jpg
    full frontal 007 small.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 247
Re: Re: Ventura

Spanish Bob said:
your bike appears to be wearing some sort of laura ashley type frock:yikes
It's a duvet cover but don't tell the mrs, she's been looking for it
for ages :p

Back