Help! Fuel filler cap

Bonzo

Reaction score
Is it just me being dumb, or does the rubber O ring not fit underneath the fuel filler cap? It doesnt seem the right size, and it doesnt sit properly. thus the filler cap torx screws wont go in.

Any body got any ideas?

To make matters worse, Wolves are losing 2-0 to Middlesborough.

Shite day!

If I remember right, you put the gasket in hot water and it returns to original shape..................................or is it in the fridge, one or the other but I think its the hot water.

Den said:
If I remember right, you put the gasket in hot water and it returns to original shape..................................or is it in the fridge, one or the other but I think its the hot water.

Rinse it in warm water, to remove any fuel residue....dry thoroughly and then warm gently with your wife's best hairdrier or a heat gun set to stun (or low heat) and watch it reduce in size before your very eyz......:eek:

Then stand back in amazement and join me for a :beerjug:

Works for me every time....:D

Thanks for coming back with some tips chaps, Id love to say that it was a success.Tried the warm water, tried the hair dryer but it still seems toobig. Bizarre considering I took the bigger out only this afternoon.

Maybe Ill have to order a new O ring??

Never mind maybe Ill win the lottery tonight.

The O ring absorbs the fumes from the fuel & expands, leave it for some time, about a week and it will shrink back to its original size.

What did you remove it for ?????

I bought a tank, beak & rear mudguard from Gavin. In esscence changing the 1150 from Mandarin to Graphitan. All done apart from pissing about with the O ring. At least I know Im not cracking up!

I appreciate your help guys. As usual the contributors of this magnificent organ comes to the aid of the intellectually bereft!

Cheers all

Bonz
:beerjug:

Well you`ve helped me as well.............there`s no way I`m taking the bloody filler cap off my bike!

THANKS.

Just to let you know I fitted the ring this morning after giving it a good soaking in hot water, and leaving to dry overnight, and Im now on the road again in a Graphitan haze. (Wozznt that a Hendrix track?)

Thanks again all.

Top geezers.:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom